Port Stephens 4WD Beach & Dune Tour with Sandboarding
Experience the rush and height of the dunes
A safety briefing and boarding instructions
Air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
Glide down the sand dunes on sandboards
A joyful experience not to be forgotten
Professional and friendly staff
- 4WD vehicle adventure with sandboarding
- Birubi Beach stop
- Sandboarding equipment
- Professional and friendly tour guide
- Air-conditioned off-road 4WD vehicles
- National parks levy
- Hotel transfers
- Port Stephens is home to the largest moving coastal sand dunes in the Southern hemisphere
- Sandboarding on dunes in the largest moving coastal sand mass system in the Southern hemisphere
- Learn how to wiggle for Pipis and feel the sand between your toes
- Amazing photo opportunities at Birubi Beach
- Full commentary provided by local and knowledgable tour guides
- 5km round trip in air-conditioned 4WDs
- Tour departs Monday - Friday at 10am, 11:30am, 1pm, 2:30pm
- Tour departs Saturday - Sunday at 10am, 10:45am, 11:30am, 12:15pm, 1pm, 1:45pm, 2:30pm
- Closed Christmas Day (25 December)
- Please allow approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes for tour portion, 20 minutes on the beach and 45-50 minutes for Sandboarding
- The sandboarding departure is located at the end of James Paterson Street, Port Stephens Anna Bay 2316
What To Bring
- Non-restrictive loose clothing
- Sun protection including sun hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Additional bottled water
- You may wish to bring along a change of clothing
- Small bag/backpack for belongings
- Standing up on the sandboard is prohibited. This rule is strict and is set for customer safety
- If you are pregnant, please let our staff know before boarding a 4WD vehicle. Experience is not recommended for pregnant women
- On arrival, a disclaimer must be signed for by everyone over the age of 18, parents/guardian must sign for participants under the age of 18
- Please bring car seat for children under 7 years of age
- Cancellations within 24 hours will incur 100% fee. Cancellations within 24-48 hours incur 50% fee. No cancellation fee with more than 48 hours notice
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Wade into the shallows and get to know and hand feed the curious creatures at the Irukandji Shark & Ray Aquarium in Port Stephens.
Book the Tropical Snorkel at Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters aquarium to feed sharks and rays. Entry tickets are included in this experience.
Set sail on this 3 hour whale watching cruise from Port Stephens and cruise Nelson Bay to witness Humpback Whales and dolphins up close.
Enjoy a front-row seat to admire the magnificent Humpback Whales on this 90 minute express whale watching cruise from Port Stephens from June to November.
This 4WD adventure will take you to the largest moving sand dunes in Australia at Port Stephens for an exciting sand surfing safari!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!