Wilson Promontory Day Trip and Hike
Small group tour (max 8 guests)
Hike to the famous Mt Oberon
Best coastal views in Victoria
Visit Tidal River and Squeaky Beach
Visit "The Big Drift” Wilsons Promontory sand dunes
Wildlife spotting at Wilsons Promontory National Park
- 2 x easy to moderate hikes with a total distance of 12 km.
- Organic fruit and healthy snacks
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guides
- Entrance to Wilsons Promontory National Park
- VW Caravelle 9 seater with Air Con
- Hotel transfers
We arrive at Wilsons Prom and embark on our first hike for the day which takes us through beautiful terrain and emerges to the vastness of “The Big Drift” Wilsons Promontory sand dunes.
Once we return we will take a small drive to the general store for some lunch. Next, it’s time for our second hike of the day, a 7.8 km return journey to the famous Mt Oberon.
Our next stop is one of our favourites, Squeaky Beach. Here you can wander on the incredibly white rounded grains of quartz which make a squeaking sound giving this popular local beach its name.
Finally, as we are departing the National Park, we will make a stop to see our native furry friends. There is a high chance you’ll see Wombats, Emus, Kangaroos and Wallabies going about their daily business.
- Return journey hike to the famous Mt Oberon
- Experience arguably the best coastal views in Victoria
- Two easy to moderate hikes with a total distance of 12km
- Small group tour (max 8 guests) to allow a more personalised experience
- Stop at Tidal River for ice cream before heading to Squeaky Beach
- Plenty of chances to see wildlife including Wombats, Emus, Kangaroos and Wallabies
- Hike through beautiful terrain and emerges to the vastness of “The Big Drift” Wilsons Promontory sand dunes
- Tours depart at 7:05am at Luna Park, St Kilda, Melbourne (Main entrance) and return at 7.45pm
- Tours depart at 7:30am at Undercover Taxi rank between Hamer Hall and the Arts Centre and return at 7.30pm
- Tour operates Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
- Please allow approximately 13 hours for this experience
What To Bring
- Bottled water
- Cash or credit card for lunch
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- Layered clothing recommended
- Comfortable trainers or hiking boots
- Swimsuit and a towel for a swim in the ocean (summer months)
- Guests under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must be minimum 15 years of age to participate
- Some bush walking experience recommended. (total distance of 10km)
- Tracks may have short steep hill sections, a rough surface and numerous steps
- This trail is Hiking Grade 3 which is recommended for people with some bushwalking experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Holiday Programs: 02-25 Jan 2024. Use EARLYBIRDJAN25: $25off full-day camps; EARLYBIRDJAN15: $15 off half-day camps (Expires 30 Nov 2023)
Summer Holiday Program: 15, 16, 22, 23, 24 January 2024. Online: 15-19 January 2024
4-Week Intensive Course: 03-30 January 2023 (Weekdays 10am-3pm)
School holiday program: 15 January 2024
School holiday program: 8-9 Jan; 17 Jan; 18-19 Jan 2024
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!