Cactus Country Garden Entry
12 acre garden features over 4000 plant varieties
Explore the largest collection of cacti in Australia
Try out cactus cake & cactus ice cream
Relax in the cafe & courtyard
8 different garden trails to journey through
General admission into Cactus Country
Take a journey to the border of New South Wales for a whimsical stroll through Cactus Country. This peculiar collection of succulents and cacti has been growing for over 40-years, with many plants towering over admirers.
Here you can chow down a plate of Mexican, get lost on 8 trails spanning some 10 acres of gardens and snap Instagram worthy photos aplenty. Best of all, you can take home a tiny cactus to call your very own. Cactus Country gives new meaning to the term 'hidden gem'. And don't even get us started on the cactus ice-cream...
- General admission into Cactus Country
- Food and beverages
- A variety of plants are available for purchase in the nursery
- See species from South America, Mexico, North America and South Africa
- Relax in the cafe and courtyard while enjoying a margarita or beer
- 12 acre garden features over 4000 plant varieties
- Explore the largest collection of cacti in Australia
- 8 different garden trails to journey through
- Try out cactus cake and cactus ice cream
- Open Thursday-Sunday from 10am to 5pm
- Closed Christmas Day (25 December), Boxing Day (26 December) and New Year's Day (1 January)
- 4986 Murray Valley Highway, Strathmerton, VIC, 3641
What To Bring
- Enclosed footwear
- Cactus Country is pet friendly. Please ensure you keep your furry friends on a leash and clean up after them
- The garden is wheelchair accessible, however it may be difficult in wet conditions
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
School Holiday Activities: 02-12 April 2024
School Holiday Activities: 4-10 April 2024. Online: 8-12 April 2024
1-week intensive: 08-12 April 2024. $800 + $110 (materials for new students)
School Holiday Program: 05 April 2024
School Holiday Programs: 2-3, 4-5, 8, 8-9, 12 April 2024
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Best Free Perth Water Parks To Impress The Kids (2024)
Splash and slide into summer with the best water parks and water playgrounds in Perth that are completely free to visit and will impress kids of all ages.
School Holiday Ideas
This Is How To Transform Your Photos Into LEGO Art
Transform your family memories into custom LEGO art! This easy-to-use LEGO art generator brings school holiday and family photos into colourful LEGO art.
20 Best Christmas Movies Of All Time Families Will Love
Celebrate this festive season with your family with these best Christmas movies of all time, from classic favourites to modern Netflix movies and more.