1 Hour Sydney Opera House Tour
1 Hour Sydney Opera House tour
UNESCO World Heritage-listed site
Explore the hallowed theatres and foyers
NEW immersive digital experience
- 1 Hour Sydney Opera House tour (available in English, German, French, Spanish, Mandarin)
- Immersive digital experience with 270 degree visuals and surround sound
- When the Sydney Opera House became a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site in 2007, it was hailed as “one of the indisputable masterpieces of human creativity, not only in the 20th century but in the history of humankind”. Now it’s your turn to step inside this iconic landmark and discover the stories behind Danish architect Jørn Utzon’s remarkable achievement. What inspired him to base his revolutionary design on ships’ sails? How did he solve an engineering challenge considered one of the most difficult attempted anywhere in the world? You’ll find out on this very special one-hour guided tour into the intricate workings of a living, breathing Opera House
- You will explore the hallowed theatres and foyers where more than 1600 concerts, operas, dramas and ballets take place each year and your experienced guide will be on hand to lead you through every aspect of the building’s 14-year creation and 50-year history. You’ll run your hands over the world-famous shell tiles, take a seat in the elegant custom-made white birch timber chairs and marvel at the vaulted ceilings of one of the biggest pillar-free chambers in the world
- Once you’ve visited areas off limits to the general public and captured photographs from rare vantage points inside the majestic Sydney Opera House, you’ll realise that from the outside you’re only getting half the story
- Watch unforgettable moments from past Concert Hall performances
- Learn about the history and future of the world-famous Concert Hall in an immersive digital experience
- Guided Tours operate daily at 11:30am, 12:00pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm and 3:30pm
- Tours go for approximately 1 hour
- There are over 300 stairs included on the tour; if you have limited mobility Access Tours are available on request. If you would like to book an Access Tour, please call 07 5592 2233 to confirm availability
- Please note bags larger than a standard handbag will need to be cloaked on arrival and may be subject to a search before being cloaked. It is not possible to store suitcases or large backpacks within the Sydney Opera House cloaking facilities. Please arrive 15 minutes early in order to allow sufficient time for this to occur before your tour
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Early Birds: $65 (until 17 Dec). Summer holiday activities: 18 Dec 2023 - 31 Jan 2024
Summer holiday activities: 18 Dec 2023 - 31 Jan 2024
School Holiday Camps: 08-12 Jan; 15-19 Jan; 22-25 Jan 2024
Summer holiday activities: 02 - 25 January 2024. Use your Creative Kids Voucher
Summer holiday activities: 18 December - 29 January 2024
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!