Swim with the Whales Tour from Mooloolaba
Limited to small groups of 15 only
Safety briefing, equipment provided
One of Australia's unique whale swims
See majestic creatures in their natural environment
Australia's first swim with Humpback Whales experience
100% on the whale's terms and Eco Tourism Certified
Hit the waters for an Australian-first aquatic experience, on a tour to swim with Humpback whales in the waters off QLD's Sunshine Coast! Take advantage of this rare opportunity to join in a truly life-changing experience, swimming alongside one of the world's largest and most gentle creatures over the course of a half day 4 hour tour with a limited maximum group size of 15 people to keep the experience both uncrowded and eco-friendly. The whale swimming tour departs from Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast and is available each day between July and October, and provide a firsthand look at these ocean giants as they play, dive, breach and slap their fins.
Once whales have been spotted, swimmers will enter the water with their guides who are trained PADI Divemasters and Instructors to get acquainted with the whales, and with all equipment such as snorkelling gear and wetsuits provided, you'll have everything you need to come along and tick one of life's true bucket list items off your agenda. Combined with whale watching vessels and Sunreef's dive vessels on the water all reporting with each other on whale movements that helps spot the whales faster and more efficiently, this is the newest and ultimate whale experience in Australia exclusive to the Sunshine Coast - so book your whale swimming tour online today as spots are sure to fill up quickly!
- Swim with Humpback Whales
- 4 hour trip
- Full briefing
- Wetsuits and snorkelling equipment
- Certified PADI DIvemasters and Instructors as guides
- Snack onboard and when you return to the shop
- Observers are welcome on board for $75 per person (subject to availability). If you would like to add observers to your booking, please call the tour operator directly once you have received your voucher (their contact phone number will be printed on your voucher)
- Come aboard our two vessels 'Wild One' and 'Tsunami'
- The whale swimming and watching operations work out of Mooloolaba in the heart of Queensland’s Naturally Refreshing Sunshine Coast
- During the trip we often get to see these majestic creatures giving breathtaking displays of breaching, lob tailing and pectoral fin slaps
- Small group tour - minimum numbers are 8, maximum 15
- 100% natural experience!
- Tours depart daily (dependent on weather) at 7.30am and 11.30am between July and October
- Depart from 11/12 The Warf Mooloolaba, 123 Parkyn Parade
What To Bring
- Dry clothes
- Bottled Water
- Minimum 8 passengers and maximum of 15 participants
- Water temperatures during this time range from 17 to 23 degrees and visibility is regularly up to 30 metres
- No weight belts, scuba gear or flash photography is permitted
- Minimum 8 years - Must be able to swim independently in open sea conditions. Children under 16 must always have a parent/guardian with them whether in the water or on the vessel.
- There is no guarantee guests will get to swim with the whales, as this is a 100% natural experience on the whales’ own terms. Since 2014, on average more than 75% of guests have had an in-water experience with a whale
- Staff will make the final decision as to whether it is appropriate to enter the water with the whales, in the interests of both guests’ and whales safety
- Guests must be competent swimmers as this is an open-water experience. Staff will have the final say as to a guest’s in-water ability.
- A minimum of 8 guests per trip are required for these tours to run
- Please provide all participant names and ages at the time of booking
- Guests need to rate their swimming ability from 1 to 5, 1 being poor & 5 being excellent at the time of booking
- If participants have a recent injury, illness or are taking medication, they need a doctor’s approval to participate, specifically referencing they can take part in open ocean swimming and climbing a ladder in open sea conditions
- Passengers that are pregnant or trying to become pregnant are NOT permitted to participate in this swim with whales experience.
- There is a 72hr cancellation policy, cancellations within this period will result in the loss of the total value of the tour
- Tour times may change at any time for any reason
- Sunreef Management will assess the sea conditions prediction the afternoon before the tour to determine if it is safe to conduct the tour. At this time you will be notified via email and text message as to if the tour is going ahead or has been cancelled due to rough sea conditions
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Please present voucher on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Book online here & save on your SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast Aquarium tickets! Includes Digital Photo Pass with 8 digital photos, book now & save!
The ultimate day out in the Sunshine Coast. Enjoy entry to SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast Aquarium plus a 60 minute Aquaduck tour through the glistening waterways.
Enjoy a visit to the iconic Australia Zoo on this tour with entry tickets and transfers from Sunshine Coast accommodation included. Book online here!
Buy your Australia Zoo tickets online to Sunshine Coast's famous zoo plus receive a sneak peek at the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
Experience Sunshine Coasts superb Bribie Island National Park. Superb views, pristine sand cays, abundant birdlife, departing Pelican Waters Tavern Jetty
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!