Mary Valley Rattler: Return Heritage Railway Train Journey
Heritage steam engine railway experience
Return Heritage Railway Train Journey
Learn about the history
Train into the charming Mary Valley Townships
Available selected days a week
Departs from Gympie
- Return Heritage Railway Train Journey from Gympie to Amamoor
- Train into the charming Mary Valley townships
- Sit back and relax and learn about the history
- Hotel drop off
- Meals and drinks
- We do a set menu 2 course lunch on return to the station and complimentary beverage (Tasting Train).
- The Historic Gympie Station, Tozer Street is a traditional Queensland building which has been fully restored to its former glory. Make sure you leave plenty of time to explore The Station which houses a historical display sharing stories of the Mary Valley Railway line and its people
- The Rusty Rails Café caters for all tastes with takeaway available to enjoy on board
- The gift shop stocks a variety of train-themed treasures and local specialty products.
- Step aboard one of our meticulously restored trains and travel along the tracks that have been brought back to life. Sit back, relax and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the Mary Valley
- Your journey passes through the small town of Dagun, home to a beautiful heritage station
- Nestled in the centre of the Mary Valley, Amamoor is a historic town bordered by Amamoor State Forest and a Forest Reserve which is home to more than 120 species of birds. Here the train will turn around on the restored turntable. You can watch this fascinating process or explore the quaint community of Amamoor
- Steam Train departs Gympie at 10am on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Please check in at least 45 minutes before departure
- Rusty Rails Cafe, located in the historic Gympie Station, is open from 8am to 3pm
- Please allow 3.5 hours for a round trip departing Gympie
- Heritage Train located at Historic Gympie Station, Tozer Street, Gympie, Queensland 4570
- Click here to view the journey map
What To Bring
- Water bottle
- The Classic Rattler Train: Child age is 2-12yrs
- The Rattler Tasting Train: Infant age is 0-1yrs and do not occupy a seat. Paid tickets apply to guests aged 2yrs and over
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Book online here & save on your SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast Aquarium tickets! Includes Digital Photo Pass with 8 digital photos, book now & save!
The ultimate day out in the Sunshine Coast. Enjoy entry to SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast Aquarium plus a 60 minute Aquaduck tour through the glistening waterways.
Enjoy a visit to the iconic Australia Zoo on this tour with entry tickets and transfers from Sunshine Coast accommodation included. Book online here!
Buy your Australia Zoo tickets online to Sunshine Coast's famous zoo plus receive a sneak peek at the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
Experience Sunshine Coasts superb Bribie Island National Park. Superb views, pristine sand cays, abundant birdlife, departing Pelican Waters Tavern Jetty
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!