Whale Watching Cruise from Mooloolaba
2.5-3 hours whale watching tour
100% whale sighting guarantee
See the Humpbacks up close!
Spectacular scenery of Sunshine Coast
Have you ever experienced the magic of sighting a whale up close? On this Sunshine Coast whale watching tour, you'll join the friendly crew of one of the Sunny Coast's best operators for a whale watching experience like no other to see the legendary Humpback and Southern Right whales in person. Depart from Mooloolaba and then, over the course of 2.5-3 hours, you'll embark on a whale watching tour that is jam-packed with spectacular scenery and up-close whale encounters all of which make for a satisfying day out for wildlife lovers of all ages as these highly intelligent, massive creatures come right up to the boat!
Departing at a range of times daily between June and October, you'll be travelling aboard a luxurious vessel Whale One that takes guests on a whale watching tour with best possible views of the whales from the spacious decks. The cruise heads our from The Wharf at Mooloolaba, after which you'll cruise the beautiful coast line of the Sunshine Coast in search of the majestic Humpback Whale - with a 100% Whale Sighting or you receive a return trip at no cost! Take in the sights of the Sunshine Coast from the water and see the whales in a single tour - book yourself a whale watching cruise online today.
- 2.5-3 Hours Whale Watching Cruise
- 100% Whale Sighting Guarantee or receive a FREE return cruise
- Lunch - snacks are available to be purchased onboard
- Hotel transfers
- Iconic luxury 65 foot catamaran Whale One
- Adventure of a lifetime along the beautiful coastline of Mooloolaba
- Witness the magnificent humpback whales throughout their winter migration to breed and mate off the coast of Queensland
- Amazing photo opportunities
- Get close to the gentle giants
- Eco Tourism Certified
- Experienced crew
- Cruises depart daily from June to October
- Cruises depart at 12pm
- Please allow approximately 3 hours for this experience (depending on time of season)
- Departing from Mooloolaba Wharf, 125 Parkyn Pde, Mooloolaba (Opp SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast).
What To Bring
- Runners or Joggers
- Passengers that are pregnant or trying to become pregnant are NOT permitted to participate in this whale watching cruise
- Passengers must be in good health and free from any medical conditions that may be aggravated by this activity. Please seek medical advice if uncertain
- Unfortunately we are not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please present voucher on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements *Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you.
- There is a 72hr cancellation policy, cancellations within this period will result in the loss of the total value of the tour.
- Tour times may change at any time for any reason.
- Sunreef Management will assess the sea conditions prediction the afternoon before the tour to determine if it is safe to conduct the tour. At this time you will be notified via email and text message as to if the tour is going ahead or has been cancelled due to rough sea conditions.
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Book online here & save on your SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast Aquarium tickets! Includes Digital Photo Pass with 8 digital photos, book now & save!
The ultimate day out in the Sunshine Coast. Enjoy entry to SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast Aquarium plus a 60 minute Aquaduck tour through the glistening waterways.
Enjoy a visit to the iconic Australia Zoo on this tour with entry tickets and transfers from Sunshine Coast accommodation included. Book online here!
Buy your Australia Zoo tickets online to Sunshine Coast's famous zoo plus receive a sneak peek at the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
Experience Sunshine Coasts superb Bribie Island National Park. Superb views, pristine sand cays, abundant birdlife, departing Pelican Waters Tavern Jetty
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!