Dingos 3 Day K'gari (Fraser Island) 4WD Tag-Along Tour
An action packed 3 days on Fraser Island self-driving
Explore the beautiful sights and smells of the rainforest
Visit the SS Maheno shipwreck
Swim in the clear blue waters of Lake Mackenzie
4WD driver training on the beach
Stay overnight in a private campsite only metres from the beach
Queensland’s world heritage listed Fraser Island is yours to explore on this action pack 3 Day Fraser Island 4WD Tag Along Tour from Rainbow Beach. Following an experienced tour guide, you’ll get behind the wheel of your own 4WD to explore the lush rainforest and freshwater lakes the island is famous for. Swim in the crystal blue waters of Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, take part in tranquil rainforest walks and camp at the beach under the stars over the course of 3 days.
A tag along 4WD adventure gives you the freedom to drive a 4WD with the reassurance that a tour guide is nearby if you get into trouble or don't have much experience driving on sand. All camping equipment, permits, ferry transfers, 4WD hire and meals are catered for so that all you need to worry about is packing your clothes, sleeping bag and any additional snacks or alcohol that you wish to bring with you. The 3 Day Fraser Island 4WD Tag Along Tour departs from Rainbow Beach at 7 am but it is compulsory that each person presents to an orientation meeting the day before.
- Optional Vehicle Damage Liability Reduction to be paid direct and prior to departure
- No Cover – 100% liability for any damage caused.
- Reduce Excess options: $25 to reduce to $1,000 excess or $50 to reduce to $500 excess.
- All passengers will get an email 3 - 7 day prior to the tour departure, here they can complete a pre-check-in form and purchase the Optional Vehicle Damage Liability Reduction if they choose too
- BYO alcohol (no hard liquor or goon allowed - pre mixed cans ok)
- Travel on Fraser Island in a convoy of 4X4 vehicles with other travellers
- Fuel for 4x4s
- All camping equipment including sleeping bag hire
- All camping permits, national park and vehicle permits
- Vehicle insurance
- Return ferry transfer from Rainbow Beach with your tour group
- 4WD driver training on the beach
- Luggage storage and safety deposit at Rainbow Beach
- Camping just meters from the beach
- All meals (2 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners)
- Plenty of time at the stunning Lake McKenzie, Eli Creek and Champagne Pools
- Visit Lake McKenzie where you can chill out on the white sandy beach, enjoy a refreshing swim in the clear blue waters or take advantage of some great photo opportunities
- Explore the beautiful sights and smells of the rainforest with a wander through Central Station
- Visit the SS Maheno shipwreck and learn how it came to rest on Fraser Island's eastern beach
- Visit Lake Wabby, a hidden oasis which is slowly disappearing beneath the sand dunes
- Stay overnight in a private campsite only meters from the beach!
- Mandatory Safety Briefing at 7am the morning of your tour- to be held at Freedom Rainbow beach- 18 Spectrum St, Rainbow Beach QLD 4581
- Tour departs at 9.30am- after the safety briefing
What To Bring
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Swimwear and towel for those wishing to swim
- Refillable water bottle
- Small day bags only
- Driver License (if wishing to participate in driving)
- $2 coins for hot showers on the island
- Passengers must attend a mandatory safety briefing at 7am the morning of your tour
- ALL DRIVERS MUST BE 21 or over with a FULL manual license. You must have held this license for a minimum of 1 year and you must have the license with you. If you do not meet these requirements you may still travel on the tour but will not be able to drive
- The inclusions in this tour may be impacted due to tides and are subject to change
- Please note: This tour is suitable only for 18-35 year olds. If you are outside of this age bracket and wish to participate in this tour, please contact our team prior to booking
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of purchase
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Book online here & save on your SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast Aquarium tickets! Includes Digital Photo Pass with 8 digital photos, book now & save!
The ultimate day out in the Sunshine Coast. Enjoy entry to SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast Aquarium plus a 60 minute Aquaduck tour through the glistening waterways.
Enjoy a visit to the iconic Australia Zoo on this tour with entry tickets and transfers from Sunshine Coast accommodation included. Book online here!
Buy your Australia Zoo tickets online to Sunshine Coast's famous zoo plus receive a sneak peek at the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
Experience Sunshine Coasts superb Bribie Island National Park. Superb views, pristine sand cays, abundant birdlife, departing Pelican Waters Tavern Jetty
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!