Otago Peninsula Wildlife Cruise
60 minute cruise on the Otago Peninsula
View the rich in diverse marine life
Encounter New Zealand's southern ocean birds
View the breathtaking and rugged coastline
Comfortable and warm vessel
Binoculars & commentary provided on cruise
- A 60 minute wildlife cruise departing from Dunedin, discover the rugged coastline, rolling farmland and quaint townships of the region with commentary on the passing scenes and wildlife
- Warm jackets are provided and the aft deck is enclosed and heated
- Cruise the Otago Harbour and encounter New Zealand's southern ocean marine and bird life
- Keep an eye on sky as the Northern Royal Albatross maybe soaring above returning to their mainland nesting ground. The world's only mainland nesting grounds for the Albatross
- Watch the native Fur Seal fight and play on the rocks around their breeding rookeries and witness the endangered native Sea Lions returning to the sandy beaches
- Out towards the open sea you may spot you may see penguins, dolphins and other marine mammals
- View the breathtaking and rugged coastline close to the entrance of the Otago Harbour
- Summer tours departs at 10.00am, 11.30am, 1.30pm, 3.00pm, 4.30pm
- Winter the tour departs at 2.30pm
- 60 minutes
- Departing from 20 Fryatt St, Dunedin
What To Bring
- Please ensure to dress in accordance with the weather predication
- A warm coat and sun protection is recommend
- The tour is suitable for most people with limited mobility
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!