Walter Peak Eco Experience from Queenstown
Unique eco-tourism experience in Queenstown
Scenic cruise on the famous TSS Earnslaw
Plant a native tree or shrub
Learn about New Zealand conservation efforts
Delicious Ploughman’s Platter with local produce
Say hello to friendly farm animals
- Express morning cruise on Lake Wakatipu on a motorised vessel
- Learn about Walter Peak Station's reforestation project
- Plant a native tree or shrub
- Learn about native wildlife and conservation from local guides
- Tour of the Restaurant Garden
- Say hello to the farm animals, such as cows, sheep, alpacas and farm dogs
- Rustic Ploughman's Platter lunch including local produce
- Cruise back to Queenstown on the TSS Earnslaw steamship
- Licensed cafe on board the TSS Earnslaw for refreshments
- Informative commentary throughout the day
- This experience departs at 9am and 3pm daily
- Please ensure you check-in at least 20 minutes prior to departure
- This experience will take approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- This experience departs from the RealNZ Visitor Centre on Steamer Wharf, 88 Beach Street, Queenstown
- Pre-purchased ticket holders meet in front of the TSS Earnslaw on Steamer Wharf Dock
- Parking in Queenstown centre can be challenging, please ensure you allow ample time to park your car and check in for your departure
What To Bring
- Non-slip shoes or boots
- Warm clothing and a jacket
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Personal medication, such as for asthma and allergies
- Infants 0 - 4 years carried free of charge but MUST be added to your booking
- The TSS Earnslaw is under maintenance from 15 May - 26 June and will not operate during this time
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!