Lord of the Rungs Via Ferratta Experience - Level 3 - with Heli Flight
Helicopter ride off the top
Mt Aspiring National Park
Twin Falls spectacular double waterfall
High-quality rock climbing
Highest waterfall cable climb in the world
Advanced climb designed for experienced climbers
- 7 Hour Round Trip from Wanaka
- Guide and training
- Equipment (Harness, helmets, via ferrata lanyard and safety equipment)
- Water and snacks
- Courtesy transport to/from Wanaka town centre
- Via Ferrata Climbing for more experienced adventurers
- Climb 450m vertical alongside cascading waterfalls
- Go to the top of Twin Falls double waterfall
- Mt Aspiring National Park
- High-quality rock climbing
- Includes some overhangs
- Helicopter ride off the top of the waterfall
- Daily at 10am, return at approximately 5pm
- Pick up is available from Wanaka i-Site in town, 103 Ardmore Street, Wanaka and this must be arranged prior to the tour. Please meet at least 30 minutes before departure
- Pick up from your accommodation may be possible - please get in touch to arrange
Pease meet us at the farm gate at Twinfalls waterfall. To get there, head West on the Wanaka - Mt Aspiring Road for approximately 20-minutes. You will see 2 large waterfalls on the left side of the road. Go over a cattle stop and turn immediately to the left. Meet us outside the locked farm gate. If you hit gravel, or the Treble Cone ski-field road, turn around, you have gone a little bit too far. If you are unable to self-drive, please contact us to arrange a pick up from town.
What To Bring
*Water *Small backpack
- Sturdy shoes with some grip
- Suitable clothes for the weather on the day
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Fingerless gloves (optional)
- Swimmers and small towel (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- On windy days, a rain jacket is advisable as the waterfall can change direction and guests may get wet
- Tour operates with a minimum of 2 guests
- Suitable for fit, adventurous, thrill seekers. Must be able to climb a ladder, be active for 5 – 7 hours and move through steep exposed heights
- Minimum age for the Via Ferrata Tours is 13 years. Anybody under the age of 16 years must climb with an adult guardian
- Standard harnesses have a weight limit of 100kgs. If guest is over 100kgs, they must be in strong and good fitness. Limited harnesses are available with a higher limit
- Be prepared for walking up and down trails that are steep in sections
- You will be climbing ladder rungs that run next to the waterfall and crossing bridges over the waterfall. You will be required to clip and unclip your via ferrata lanyard along the way
- You will not get wet, however, you may get your feet wet at times. There are opportunities to swim in hidden pools and picnic along the way.
- The activity is not difficult, however you will be required to climb up ladder rungs. On the trek your feet will be mainly on solid ground, however, you will be required to use via ferrata safety systems in some places
- We reserve the right to cancel trips if the minimum number is not reached, or if weather or any other situation should demand this
- Cancellations within 10 days may incur a NZ$50.00 cancellation fee
- No refund will apply to cancellations within 48 hours of the departure date
- Tours depart at designated trip time and no refund will be given for late arrivals
- No refund will be given if you choose to, or do not have the ability to complete your booked climb. You are able to downgrade, but no refund will be given
- Some promotional bookings may be totally non-refundable, this will be clearly identified in that booking section
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction. (Only if they accept mobile vouchers)
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!