Sunrise Mt Aspiring and Glaciers Scenic Flight
Watch the sun break from behind Mt. Aspiring, one of New Zealand’s highest mountains
Guaranteed window seat with unimpaired views over the Southern Alps
75 minute scenic flight over Mt Aspiring and glaciers
Walk away with memories that will last a lifetime
Knowledgeable, highly-skilled local pilot providing interesting commentary
Learn about the rich history of the town while enjoying your scenic flight
- All passengers first name/ last name
- All passenger weights in kg / lbs
- All passenger contact number and email
- Child Age (if applicable)
- Requested pick up location / self drive
- Dietary / Special requirements (if applicable)
- Dates in Queenstown (so we can work around weather windows)
- Available 1 June - 20 August 2023
- 75 minutes total scenic flying - the perfect flight path to take for the best views
- Knowledgeable, highly-skilled local pilot who will provide interesting and informative commentary
- The duration of this experience is 75 minutes flying time
- Please allow a total of 2 hours for check in and safety briefing
- This experience departs from Queenstown Airport Main Terminal Building, 1 Sir Henry Wigley Drive, Queenstown, NZ
- We also offer complimentary transfers for Central Queenstown locations. We do not pick up from Airbnb, residential or holiday rental properties, Lake Hayes, Shotover Country, Arthurs Point, Arrowtown, Gibbston Valley, Hanleys Farm or Jacks Point
- If you are unsure where your closest pickup location is, please contact us
What To Bring
- Warm clothing layers – our planes are heated, but sunrise can be a cold part of the day, also don't forget your sunglasses.
*All air operators are required by law to take into consideration where they seat passengers with disabilities, and whether passengers seated near emergency exits are able to assist with emergency evacuation if required.
- Where a passenger is able to physically assist in their own evacuation in the case of an emergency, with prior notification, we can make arrangements for them and their wheelchair to be carried on board our aircraft. (We have found that where a passenger can stand with assistance, we can safely help them to negotiate the aircraft steps and seat them clear of the exits.)
- Carriage of passengers with a limited mobility in sightseeing aircraft presents unique challenges for both passengers and staff, and therefore please accept our sincerest apologies but it would be unlikely we are able to have you fly with us. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your circumstances and we can advise on an individual basis.
Terms And Conditions
- Given alpine flying conditions, Glenorchy Air reserves the right to alter the flight paths, activity durations or cancel flights and activities due to weather and safety considerations.
- If we cannot fly due to adverse weather conditions, we will attempt to reschedule depending on passenger's schedule and flight availability.
- If we cannot reschedule, passengers will receive a 100% refund. We are required to make sure that the aircraft is operated within its maximum weight limitations and the aircraft’s centre of gravity is within limits. We, therefore, request passenger weights at the time of booking, to assist us operationally in planning and managing seat availability and to provide a great customer experience. Please ensure you contact us directly in advance of booking if any passengers are 120kg (260lb) or over, prior to the date of travel.
- The Pilot in Command is responsible for the safety of the aircraft and everyone on board at all times. Service can be refused if the Pilots' instructions are not complied with. In this instance, refunds would not be issued.
- Given alpine flying conditions, Glenorchy Air reserves the right to alter the flight paths or cancel flights due to weather and safety considerations.
- Flight times and routes are subject to weather conditions. Individual and total weight restrictions apply to specific aircraft and flights.
- The Pilot in Command will determine the seating of passengers based on the weight and balance restrictions of that specific aircraft. Customers must self-drive to the base at Queenstown Airport - Main Terminal Building, 1 Sir Henry Wigley Drive, Queenstown, NZ Departure times change weekly across the season with the changes in sunrise.
- If passengers choose to cancel a flight, fail to check-in on time, or notify us of changes less than 24 hours prior to their departure, they will incur a 100% cancellation charge. Changes or cancellations made with more than 24 hours warning incur no penalties.
- Passengers can choose to reschedule a flight more 24 hours prior to their departure and incur no penalties.
- No additional fees to change the name on a booking but please do update us so our passenger manifests are correct.
- We require a minimum of 2 full paying adults to confirm a flight.
- Given alpine flying conditions, Glenorchy Air reserves the right to alter the flight paths, activity durations or cancel flights and activities due to weather and safety considerations. If we cannot fly due to adverse weather conditions, we will attempt to reschedule depending on passenger's schedule and flight availability.
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!