Skippers Canyon Gentle White Water Rafting
Skippers Canyon Gentle Scenic Rafting
Scenic drive out to Skippers Canyon
Minimum age is from 3 years
Unique backcountry sightseeing
Grade 1 & 2 rapids - a trip for everyone
Water confidence is not necessary for this trip
- Scenic drive from Queenstown into Skippers Canyon and back
- Calm family friendly rafting adventure
- Rafting down a gentle grade 1 & 2 section of the upper Shotover River, starting at "The Ford of Bruinen" (Lord of the Rings location)
- Commentary on the way in and out of Skippers Canyon on the myriad of scenic highlights and historical points of interest
- Photo stops
- Helmets, wetsuits or over-pants, polar fleeces, spray jackets, life jackets & booties (note: all wetsuits and booties are sterilised after each trip)
- Photo packs are available to purchase after the trip for $39, including rafting pics so you don't have to worry about your camera when you are in the raft
- Trip t-shirts are available for $30 for adults and $22 for children
- Modern rafting equipment
- “The Ford of Bruinen” in the Lord of the See historic gold mining relics and sheer canyon walls as we navigate the Shotover river, with photo stops, rapid swims and rock jumps
- 1 October until 30 April
- 12.30pm departure in October (only)
- 7:45am and 1:30pm departures 1 October until 30 April
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time
- Allow 5 hours round-trip
What To Bring
- Swimwear (togs)
- Towel (its best to wear your swim suit under your clothes)
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Water confidence is not necessary
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!