Shotover Jet Queenstown
Thrillling 25 minute jetboat ride
Travel over 85km per hour
Zoom through the spectacular Shotover River Canyons
Power brakes and sweeping fishtails
Free shuttle service on selected trips
360 degree spins over 10cm deep water
- 25 minute thrilling Jet Boat ride
- Free shuttle transfers are available on selected trips (11am and 3pm). Bookings are required
- 360 degree spins over 10cm of water
- Reach speeds over 85km per hour
- Whip past rocky outcrops
- Skim around crags and boulders
- Speed through the dramatic and spectacular Shotover River Canyons
- Free transfers for selected trips (11am and 3pm), bookings required
- Jet Boat rides depart on the hour every hour between 9am and 4pm. Should you require a time outside of these hours, please contact our friendly staff to see if we can arrange an alternative time to suit your travel requirements
- If you are self-driving to the Arthurs Point river base, please check-in at 30 minutes prior to your trip departure time.
- The courtesy shuttle runs for the 10am, 11am, 12pm, 2pm & 3pm jet boat departures. Please check-in inside the Station Building in Queenstown 45 minutes prior to your jet boat departure time.
- Jet Boat rides depart every day (river and weather conditions permitting) except Christmas Day (25th December)
- This is a 25 minute Jet Boat ride (please allow 1.5 hours for the entire experience)
What To Bring
- We recommend that you dress for the conditions and simply be mindful that there will be some wind-chill factor as you are travelling at speed
- In summer don’t forget your sunblock and some people get concerned that it may be too cold in winter, however simply dress warmly and bring a warm hat and gloves (although the handrails are heated) just like you would for skiing and sunglasses are great year round
- For safety reasons, the use of handheld personal cameras and video cameras are not permitted aboard the jet boats
- A minimum height of 1 metre applies. Shotover jet reserves the right to extend the minimum height to 1.2 metres in certain river conditions, to ensure passenger safety
- Children under 5 years old who meet the minimum height limit are free with a fare paying adult, however a ticket still needs to be issued
- All children (0-15yrs) must travel with a fare paying adult 16 years and over
- Shotover Jet is not suitable if you are pregnant or have any medical conditions including back or neck problems
- Onsite facilities include parking, retail, cafe, toilets, secure lockers and viewing areas
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking, however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!