Mount Cook Return Scenic Flights from Queenstown with Glacier Boat Tour
Mt Cook Scenic flight with glacier boat tour
Round trip scenic flight from Queenstown to Mt Cook
Embark on a 30 minute alpine walk
Take a ride on glacial boat tour
Fly up the spine of the South Island
Enjoy panoramic views of Lake Wanaka and Mt Cook
- All passengers first name/ last name
- All passenger weights in kg / lbs
- All passenger contact number and email
- Child Age (if applicable)
- Requested pick up location / self drive
- Dietary / Special requirements (if applicable)
- Dates in Queenstown (so we can work around weather windows)
- Round trip scenic flight from Queenstown to Mt. Cook Airport with landing
- 30-minute alpine walk and approximately 1 hour boat tour on the Tasman Terminal Lake with our partners Glacier Explorers
- Complimentary transfers to and from Queenstown Airport available
- Your guaranteed window seat
- $1 donation per passenger to the Kea Conservation Trust
- Fly up the spine of the South Island, enjoying panoramic views of Lake Wanaka and Lake Hawea on one side and Lake Pukaki, arguably New Zealand’s most beautiful lake
- Marvel at the most awe-inspiring aerial views of the summit ridge of Mt. Cook and the Tasman Glacier
- Team up with your Glacier Explorers guides, departing from the Hermitage Hotel
- Bus to the Tasman Valley and embark on a 30-minute alpine walk through the moraine and National Park
- Take a ride on New Zealand’s only glacial boat tour
- Glacier Explorers operated from the start of September to the end of May. The glacier lake freezes over winter. The start of each season is subject to the lake thawing
- This experience departs at 9am
- Please call experience provider 1 hour before your scheduled flight time on the day of your flight for your weather check
- If you are self driving, your check in time is 30 minutes prior to departure
- The duration of this experience is approximately 6 hours.
- This experience departs from Queenstown Airport Main terminal building, 1 Sir Henry Wigley Drive.
What To Bring
- Any essential medication
- Camera – make sure it’s fully charged
- Warm clothing layers – including a decent jacket
- Sensible footwear is essential
- Bottle of water
- A daypack
- There is no food included, you are welcome to bring your own lunch with you. You will also have some time after your Tasman Glacier Explorers trip to grab a bite to eat at the Hermitage Hotel Cafe, with Mt. Cook as your view.
- Our flights are weather-dependent. Pilots will make a weather check 1 hour before each scheduled departure. If we cannot fly due to adverse weather conditions, we will attempt to reschedule depending on the passenger's schedule and flight availability
- You will need to be able to walk 1.5km (1 mile) in 25 minutes. This is an alpine walk through the Mt. Cook National Park to the boat departure point
- The minimum age for children on this trip is 4 years old. Each child aged 4-9 years inclusive must be accompanied by an adult (i.e. 1:1 ratio)
- If over 140kgs please experience provider
- This experience is not wheelchair accessible
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!