Milford Sound Cruise departing Milford
Cruise on the beautiful Milford Sound
Informative commentary from your captain
Purpose-built observation lounges and decks
View sheer cliffs, massive waterfalls & glaciers
A relaxing sightseeing cruise
The stunning natural showcase of New Zealand's Milford Sound is on full display during this 2 hour long Nature Cruise of Fiordland's most famous treasure. Departing from Milford itself, you'll join the crew aboard their comfortable, spacious vessel for an unforgettable journey into the heartland of what is widely regarded as one of the essential sightseeing experiences in the entire world as you simply sit back, relax and take in the spectacle and informative commentary along the way.
Throughout the course of the cruise, you'll experience all the major highlights that give Milford Sound its fame - from towering, cascading waterfalls to snow-dusted alpine peaks to the pristine blue waters of the Sound itself. In addition, be sure to keep an eye out for the huge number of local wildlife that populates the land, air and waters such as playful schools of dolphins or seals basking in the sunshine.
For a great value cruise of Milford Sound at a very reasonable price, book a ticket online today and take the first steps towards a journey you'll likely never forget!
- Sightseeing scenic cruise on the beautiful Milford Sound
- Informative commentary
- 'Barista coffee and tea available on board the vessel (extra cost)
- No lunch provided.
- Cabinet food available to purchase onboard
- Purpose built vessels to maximise your viewing pleasure
- Commentary in several languages
- Purpose-built observation lounges and large decks for great viewing opportunities.
- See the geological drama of sheer cliffs, massive waterfalls, glaciers & rainforest. Lookout for wildlife like seals basking on the rocks or dolphins
- Cruised depart at 10:30am, 1:15pm and 3:15pm
- This cruise runs approximately 2 hours
- Cruise departs from the Real NZ, Milford Sound Visitor Terminal, Milford Sound. Please check in 20 minutes before departure time
What To Bring
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof jacket
- Non-slip shoes/boots
- Warm sweater/fleece jacket
- This cruise can provide Chinese language translation in person, however, is subject to certain cruise times and availability (we suggest checking with us when you book)
- There is paid parking in the main Milford carparks.
- Please allow up to 45 minutes to park your vehicle and transfer to the Milford Sound Visitor Terminal, where you check in for your cruise
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking, however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!