Glacier Landing 35 Minute Scenic Flight
35 Minute Scenic Flight
Isobel Glacier Landing at 7,000ft
Glacial carved valleys
Border of Mt Aspiring National Park
Diverse range of scenery
The Southern Alps
Experience the thrill of landing on one of Mount Aspiring National Park's iconic glaciers; Gonar, Volta or Therma, with this 35 minute scenic helicopter flight. The region is known for its hanging and valley glaciers, making this an ideal place to explore from above. The helicopter flight will take you from the departure point at Cattle Flat Deer Station, through the ancient and historic valleys and to the chosen glacier to land. Once you've landed you'll be able to disembark the helicopter and walk around on the ancient glacier that was formed thousands of years ago.
Providing you with 360 degree views towards Mount Aspiring and across the Southern Alps, and some incredible photo opportunities, this will be an unforgettable experience and most likely the highlight of your visit to New Zealand. A minimum of two adults are required for the flights to take off (single bookings upon request), and children and pregnant women are welcome aboard with kids under the age of 3 flying for free.
Book your 35 minute glacier landing scenic helicopter flight around Mount Aspiring National Park online today to avoid missing out!
- 35 Minute Scenic Flight
- Glacier Landing
- Transfers (You will need to make your own way to the departure point)
- Step foot on an ancient glacier formed over thousands of years
- From Cattle Flat Deer Station fly through extensive glacial carved valleys to the border of Mt Aspiring National Park, landing on the Isobel Glacier at 7,000ft
- Stunning 360 degree views towards Mt Aspiring and across the Southern Alps will assault your senses and leave a lasting impression
- Experience a diverse range of scenery but also feel like you are the first person to step foot on this remote location
- Flights operate Monday - Saturday with sessions at either 11am or 2pm
- Departs from Cattle Flat Station, 2211 Mt Aspiring Road Wanaka
- Check-in for all flights is 15min prior to flight time
- Flights require a minimum of 2 adult passengers to be confirmed
- Single bookings can be taken but they are subject to confirmation of a flight
- Passenger weights are required on booking, this is a CAA requirement
- Children are 4-14yr old (3 and under are free of charge)
- Pregnant women are welcome to fly
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!