Fiordland Heli-Hike from Te Anau
Half day Fiordlands Helicopter and Hiking Tour
Soak up views of the Hidden Lakes from the air
25 minute flight above the alpine scenery
Land at mountain tarn
Hike on the Kepler Great Walk trail
Two hiking options to make it a half day or full day trip
Combine your love of nature with an extraordinary Fiordlands Heli Hike experience that will see you exploring the Kepler Mountains and walking track by land and air. Departing from the Te Anau lakeside base, take to the skies for a breathtaking journey soaring over the Hidden Lakes.
Land at a mountain tarn to appreciate the grandeur of the rugged mountain scenery before continuing the scenic Te Anau helicopter flight over the remote Kepler Mountains and Luxmore Hut. From here, it’s time to lace up the hiking boots and hit the Kepler Walk Trail with two nature trails to choose from.
Make it a half-day adventure on a three hour hike or a full-day activity with a six hour hike following your 25 minute scenic helicopter flight. Cap off the day with a relaxing return boat trip back to the town centre.
- 25 minute scenic helicopter flight
- 3 to 6 hours hiking
- Boat trip back to town centre
Option 1 for hike: Luxmore Hut to Brod Bay. The well-formed track winds through native beech forest and is all downhill to Brod Bay, onto the shores of Lake Te Anau. Duration of hike: 2.5-3 hours
Option 2 for hike: Luxmore Hut – Luxmore Summit – Brod Bay We highly recommend this option so you can soak up the amazing views from Luxmore Summit, before descending onto the shores of Lake Te Anau. Duration of hike: 5-6 hours including additional Summit Track
- Soar high above the Kepler Mountains and view the Kepler Track from the air
- Land beside a pretty mountain tarn with views of the Main Divide
- View the ‘Hidden Lakes’ from the air
- Enjoy a taste of the well-formed Kepler Track
- Explore fascinating limestone caves (optional)
- Combine air, land, and lake for a fantastic experience amidst the Fiordland wilderness
- Scenic flight: 25min
- Hike: 3 or 6 hours
- Boat trip back to town centre: 10min
- This experience takes place in Fiordland, NZ.
- This experience is located at Southern Lakes Helicopters, 79 Lakefront Drive, Te Anau.
What To Bring
- Make sure you bring insect repellent, sun lotion, good footwear, a torch to explore the limestone caves (optional), lunch, and good layers of clothing
- During the Great Walks Season we are only permitted to land at Luxmore Hut between the hours of 10am - 3pm
- Please note all prices listed are 'share with others'. If you would prefer to book an exclusive flight, please let us know at the time of booking and we will confirm the cost with you
- Change your booking up to 48 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 48 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!