Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise from Queenstown
Spectacular 3 hour Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise
Luxury coach transfers from Queenstown
Cruise across Lake Manapouri & coach over Wilmot Pass
Spacious, purpose-built catamaran
Spot dolphins, fur seals and crested penguins
Delicious lunch options available
- Full day Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise and Coach package from Queenstown
- Luxury launch cruise across Lake Manapouri and coach trip over Wilmot Pass
- Three hour full length cruise of Doubtful Sound on a modern, spacious catamaran with excellent viewing
- Wildlife viewing opportunities including fur seals, dolphins and rare Fiordland crested penguin
- Expert commentary
- Interpretation hand-out sheets in 5 languages: English, German, French, Spanish and Japanese
- Dedicated nature guide with specialist knowledge of flora and fauna
- Complimentary tea and coffee on board
- Meals. Picnic lunches available for purchase from Manapouri Café. Snacks and drinks available for purchase (cash only onboard)
- Packed lunch can be purchased prior to your cruise. Please contact the supplier after booking
- On boarding a luxury coach in Queenstown, travel along the shores of Lake Wakatipu and through the rolling countryside to Manapouri
- Then cruise across the crystal waters of Lake Manapouri to West Arm before boarding a coach and crossing the alpine route of Wilmot Pass through some of Fiordland’s most dense rainforest. On reaching Deep Cove, board a modern catamaran vessel, the Patea Explorer for a three hour cruise exploring the waterways of this serene and isolated fiord
- There is plenty of time available to explore points of interest and view the spectacular alpine scenery including waterfalls, rainforest and mountains all the way out to the Tasman Sea
- It is home to bottlenose dolphins and fur seals and when in season, the rare Fiordland crested penguin. An on-board nature guide with specialist knowledge of the region’s history, flora and fauna provides detailed interpretation in English with a roving microphone
- Picnic lunch is available for an additional $20.00 each. This must be pre-ordered (cut off at 4pm on the day before travel)
- Snacks are available for purchase on board only i.e. chips, chocolate, biscuits etc (cash only)
- Cruise across the crystal clear Lake Manapouri to West Arm
- Coach trip through Fiordland's rainforest and over Wilmot Pass
- 3 hour cruise on Doubtful Sound, a pristine, beautiful fiord
- View rugged peaks, verdant rainforest and hidden inlets
- Spot dolphins, fur seals and the rare Fiordland crested penguins
- Dedicated nature guide
- Expert commentary
- Doubtful Sound is 3 times longer than Milford Sound
- Luxury coach transfers from Queenstown
- Tours depart Queenstown daily at approximately 6.55am at return at 7.30pm
- Some hotel pick ups are offered for this tour and are available from most centrally located Queenstown hotels. If a hotel pick up is required, please contact the operator 48hrs prior to departure to arrange pick up location. If a hotel pick up is not required, please meet the tour at the RealNZ Visitor Centre, 88 Beach Street, Queenstown for a 6:55am departure
What To Bring
- Non-slip shoes/boots
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm sweater/fleece jacket
- Insect repellent
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking, however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!