Dart River FunYak Canoe & Jet Boat Safari from Queenstown
High-speed jet boat ride
Scenic canoeing adventure
Delicious picnic lunch
Queenstown return transfers
Three unforgettable New Zealand highlights in one are on offer with the Dart River "Funyak Adventure" package that will see you both jet boating and kayaking on the waters of this beautiful waterway in the Queenstown region. Get a combination of scenic thrills aboard a high-powered jet boat that will take you on a journey through the winding waters of the Dart River, nestled amongst some of NZ's most impressive local alpine scenery, then climb into your own unique "Funyak" (inflatable kayak) and head downstream accompanied by both your fellow rafters and experienced guide as you witness all the best sights of this incredible region.
Cap it all off with a delicious picnic lunch set within the heart of this wilderness locale. Recharge your body and delight your tastebuds before setting back off down stream via a back country route that encompasses locations that have been used as sets for such iconic movies as Lord of the Rings. One of New Zealand's most unforgettable journeys awaits with the Funyak Safari, so book today and see some of the best Queenstown has to offer in one of the most amazing ways!
- Complimentary return shuttle from Queenstown
- Delicious wilderness picnic lunch provided
- Professional Guide
- Jet Boat Adventure
- Unique Kayak Adventure
- Life jackets are mandatory and supplied along with wet suits, booties, spray jackets and a dry bag
- Exhilarating wilderness jet boating with unique ‘Funyak’ inflatable canoes for a fun way to intimately explore magnificent ‘World Heritage’ wilderness within Mt Aspiring National Park
- An exhilarating wilderness jet boat journey, complete with exciting jet spins, will take you up the ever changing channels of the glacier fed Dart River’s braided river system
- The next part of your adventure then begins and you paddle / drift your own ‘Funyak’ on a fun downstream journey, with your specialist guide pointing out sights and sharing stories of this awe-inspiring area as you explore the shimmering channels of the Dart River as well as hidden side streams, rock pools and dramatic chasms
- Learn about the Pounamu (Greenstone) that made the Dart River a key trading route for early Maori
- You’ll stop along the way and enjoy a delicious wilderness buffet lunch amidst spectacular surrounds
- Allow 7.5 hours return from Queenstown
- This tour departs Daily from Queenstown at 8.30am approximately at 4.30pm. Check-in is at 8.15am, inside the Station Building, Queenstown
What To Bring
- Bring swimwear and towel year round
- Sunglasses, sun hat, sunscreen and warm outer layer recommended
- Wear warm clothing plus hat, gloves, windproof outer jacket and sunglasses
- No experience required
- Minimum child height of 1 metre applies and children must be a minimum of 5 years
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!