Mossman Gorge Adventure Day with River Drift Snorkelling
Experience a traditional Kuku Yalanji smoking cermony
Explore the Daintree National park with a guided walk
Gain a deep understanding of the rainforest & history
Snorkel at a secret location on the Mossman River
Search for turtles, water dragons & the elusive platypus
Enjoy a Mossman Gorge Welcome ceremony
- Back Country Bliss asks for ages of children (if applicable) as a child seat may be required (FOC) and sometimes river conditions may not be suitable for small/young children.
- Return transfers from Port Douglas/Mossman accommodation
- River Drift Snorkelling tour
- Mossman Gorge Welcome Ceremony
- Free tour photos
- Lunch and snacks
- All wetsuits and snorkelling gear
- All safety equipment
- Safety trained river guide
- Guided rainforest walk
- Cairns and Northern Beaches transfers - available for an additional $70 adult and $50 child and must be arranged directly with the operator
- Experience a traditional Kuku Yalanji smoking ceremony
- Explore the Daintree National park with a guided walk
- Gain a deep understanding of the rainforest and history
- Snorkel at a secret location on the Mossman River
- Search for turtles, water dragons and the elusive platypus
- Small group tour - Max 12
- Lunch & snacks included
- Giant strangler figs
- Interpretive rainforest walk
- Tour departs Port Douglas at 9am and returns at approximately 4.40pm
- Tour departs Mossman at 9.20am and returns at approximately 4.20pm
- Please allow approximately 9 hrs
- Pick ups available from Port Douglas and Mossman accommodation
- Cairns & Palm Cove transfers are available for an additional $70 adult and $50 child and must be arranged directly with the operator
- If Self-Driving, pick up available from Wildlife Habitat, Port Douglas or Mossman Raintrees Café, Mossman
What To Bring
- Walking shoes
- Any personal medication
- Small group tour - Max 12 guests
- When the river level is low (most of the year), our activity is generally suitable for all ages (5+), and swimming abilities
- When the river level is higher, the faster flowing water is only suitable for strong swimming adults (15+) with good fitness and mobility
- Minimum age of participation is 4yrs and all children must be accompanied by an adult. Children aged 4-8yrs must wear a PFD
- Child seats are available free of charge
- Tour is not recommended during pregnancy
- Participants must be able to walk easily over uneven surfaces, through moving water and walk up tree roots to exit
- Wetsuits are provided up to 3XL
- To fit into the provided wetsuit, participants must not be more than 6 feet 6 inches tall and weigh no more than 125kg/275lb
- Maximum shoe size US 13
- Please wear swimwear under clothing as there are no change rooms at the river
- Please leave all valuables and loose fitting clothing at accommodation
Terms And Conditions
- Guests require a reasonable level of fitness and good mobility
River Snorkelling requirements
- All participants are required to complete a medical questionnaire and liability release form
- Not suitable if you have limited mobility or injuries e.g: difficulty walking, injured or limited movement of knees, ankle, back, shoulder etc
- Not suitable for anyone who is pregnant due to risk of falling on stomach, sudden jarring movements and impacts
- Max recommended weight limit is 125kg/274lb. Due to limitations of our equipment a good level of fitness and mobility is required if you are near this weight
While conditions do vary, all participants associated with this booking should be able to:
- Swim or doggy-paddle
- Walk without having to stop or sit down to rest for up to 20 minutes
- Lay on your stomach and paddle for extended periods
- Walk up an incline equal to a flight of stairs without stopping
- Swim/dog paddle 15m without stopping
- Climb up steps made from tree roots to exit river, equivalent to climbing a 1.5m ladder
- Easily stand up from a sitting position on the ground, without assistance at least 3 times in a row
- Cancellations outside of 72 hours from departure — no charge. Cancellations within 48-72 hours before departure — 50% charge. Cancellations less than 48 hours before departure, or no show — 100% cancellation fee applies. Date changes are free of charge, but must be received by email or phone, 48 hours prior to tour departure. All changes are subject to availability and made at the discretion of the operator. Rain can influence the safety and overall enjoyment of this tour. If we cancel a trip any monies will be refunded in full
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability is accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Travel deep into the Daintree rainforest on this 60-minute wildlife nature cruise to spot crocodiles and uncover the secrets of this unique ecosystem.
Take a guided dreamtime walk by indigenous elders when you visit the Mossman Gorge. Discover the stories, legends and exclusive access to Kuku Yala land.
Explore the charming rainforest village of Kuranda on this day tour from Port Douglas and Cairns Northern Beaches. Full day and half day options available.
Join us on a 60 minute Daintree River cruise to explore the ancient waterways of the world heritage listed landmark and meet some of the famous crocodiles.
Book here to enjoy a delicious breakfast with the tropical birds at Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas. Entry tickets to the park are included.
Enjoy a half day of fun on the Barron River with this exhilarating whitewater rafting adventure! Transfers from Port Douglas hotels are included.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!