Crocodile Express Daintree Cruise from Daintree Gateway
60 minute Daintree crocodile cruise
A must-do experience
Spectacular rainforest scenery
Amazing plant life features
Safe safari boats
- 60 minute cruise departing from Daintree Ferry Gateway, Cape Tribulation Road, Lower Daintree
- Bonus: come back on any of our cruises with our free "Daintree River Explorer Pass" valid for 30 days of unlimited cruises on any Crocodile Express cruise.
- 2 different cruise experiences from Daintree Ferry Gateway and Daintree Village (exclusive to Crocodile Express)
- See wildlife "in the wild" as nature intended in their natural habitat
- Purpose built safe safari boats with abundant room to move around the vessel at any time for the best photo opportunities.
- Amazing plant life features of this complex World Heritage site.
- The duration on this experience is one hour
- Cruise times may vary in our off (wet) season
- Scheduled departures daily 9.30am, 11.00am, 12.30am, 2.00pm and 3.30pm
- This experience departs from Daintree Ferry Gateway on Cape Tribulation Road, Lower Daintree QLD. This is approximately 300 metres before reaching the Daintree Ferry crossing
- Our cruises are designed for visitors on self driving experiences to the Daintree Rainforest
- Car hire is available in Cairns, Cairns Airport, Cairns Beaches, Palm Cove and Port Douglas.
- Cairns to Daintree Ferry Gateway 104 km Travel time: 1 hour 34 mins
- Port Douglas to Daintree Ferry Gateway 44 km Travel Time: 45 mins
- Daintree Ferry Gateway to Daintree Village 13 km Travel Time 13 mins
What To Bring
- Casual clothing
- Insect spray if you are doing any rainforest walks in Daintree National Park
- Booking changes and cruise times can be made by email or phone
- Folding wheelchairs can be accommodated
- Cruises from Daintree Village can be accessed via a drop down ramp that can be lowered on the boat ramp for easy access
- Cruises from Daintree Ferry Gateway aboard "Jungle King" are via two steps from the boat pontoon
- Crew are happy to assist if help is required
- Please advise restrictions prior to your cruise date by email or phone.
Terms And Conditions
- "Daintree River Explorer Pass" is an exclusive free bonus for Crocodile Express passengers. Come back again as often as you wish for up to 30 days
- The pass is valid on any scheduled cruises, with fare paying passengers having priority on the availability of seats. The pass is non-transferrable and ID is required
- Guide and assistance dogs are permitted. Other dogs may be allowed at the discretion of the boat crew member on the day.
- Issues may occur if some passengers on board express they fear animals and also barking dogs are not permitted due to the discomfort of other travellers and disturbing wildlife
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Book here to enjoy a delicious breakfast with the tropical birds at Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas. Entry tickets to the park are included.
Take a guided dreamtime walk by indigenous elders when you visit the Mossman Gorge. Discover the stories, legends and exclusive access to Kuku Yala land.
Explore the charming rainforest village of Kuranda on this day tour from Port Douglas and Cairns Northern Beaches. Full day and half day options available.
Travel deep into the Daintree rainforest on this 60-minute wildlife nature cruise to spot crocodiles and uncover the secrets of this unique ecosystem.
Enjoy a half day of fun on the Barron River with this exhilarating rafting adventure! This is a self-drive option only, hotel transfers are not included.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!