Hervey Bay Turtle Discovery Half Day Eco Tour including Lunch
Hervey Bay half-day eco tour
Cruise the Great Sandy Straits in a glass-bottom boat
Delicious tropical lunch
Spot dolphins, turtles and dugongs
Swim & snorkel in the calm, crystal clear waters
Listen to dreamtime stories from a local Indigenous guide
Cruise the clear waters of the Great Sandy Strait near Hervey Bay for a marine eco tour discovering turtles, dolphins, sea birds and even dugongs! This leisurely day cruise travels in one of Australia’s largest glass bottom boats so you are guaranteed the best views of marine life and the coral gardens underwater and around the vessel. Snorkelling equipment is provided so feel free to jump in the water to swim and snorkel amongst the marine life. See local landmarks such as Round Island and Pelican banks while listening to informative commentary about the local Aboriginal Butchulla people. A healthy lunch, bottled water and tea and coffee is included in the marine eco tour. Cruises depart daily at 10.30am from Urangan and return at 3pm.
- Half day eco-tour
- Snorkelling equipment
- Delicious tropical, healthy lunch
- Tea, coffee and bottled water
- Hotel transfers
- Turtle Discovery 4 Hour Educational & Cultural Ecotour
- Snorkelling equipment to experience coming face to face to the wonders on the marine park
- See fish habitat amongst coral reef, turtles, dolphins, sea bird colonies and possibly reef shark
- Absorb the Aboriginal culture of the local Butchulla people of the region
- Discover the Butchulla names and meanings of significant local landmarks
- Explore Weenandin (Round Island) and enjoy a healthy lunch
- Tea, coffee and bottled water
- If weather permits, you may visit the spectacular Pelican Banks famous for its crystal clear waters
- Tours depart daily at 10.30am from Berth 5, Great Sandy Straits Marina, Buccaneer Drive, Urangan and return between approximately 2:30pm-3pm
- Please check in at the marina office (located opposite Cafe Balaena) 20 minutes prior to boarding
What To Bring
- Clothing suited to the weather
- Water bottle
- The Turtle Discovery Eco Tour inclusions may vary slightly to optimise the most favourable weather conditions for your comfort
- To minimise plastics on the vessel, we encourage you to bring your own water bottle which can be filled up in the office at check in and again on the vessel throughout the tour
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Departing from Bundaberg, fly to Lady Elliot Island in the Great Barrier Reef to enjoy a glass bottom boat tour, snorkelling, buffet lunch and scenic flight
Tour Fraser Island to view freshwater lakes, rainforest and wildlife on this exciting 2 day 4WD eco adventure from Hervey Bay with meals and accomodation!
Explore Splitters Farm in Bundaberg at your own pace, and spend time feeding the friendly rescue animals. This is the perfect day out immersed in nature!
Do Fraser Island in one fun-filled day from Rainbow Beach. You'll see Lake McKenzie, Central Station & Maheno Shipwreck plus enjoy a delicious lunch.
Watch the sunset over the ocean on this exhilarating two hour Kgari Fraser Island sunset adventure cruise full of sightseeing and relaxation.
Book this 2 Day Fraser Island Tour from Rainbow Beach here to view the highlights of the island. Most meals, transport and accommodation are included.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!