Great Ocean Road Guided Wildlife Walk - 75 Minutes
Encounter wildlife living freely in their natural environment in the Otways
Walk with a conservationist guide and learn about the plants and animals
100% of profits go to conservation and research into Australia's threatened species
Audio headset and binoculars included on this 75 minute guided walk
Sharing with you the stories behind the plants and animals who call the Otways home.
Entry into Wildlife Wonders
Become at one with nature on this incredible 75 minute Great Ocean Road Wildlife Walk with conservationist guides where you’ll encounter wildlife roaming freely in their natural environment in The Otways National Park. Get lost in this enchanting setting where gentle paths meander through lush tree fern gullies, eucalypt woodlands and spectacular ocean vistas.
As you tour the stunning Otways landscapes, conservationist guides will share stories with you about the native plants and wildlife that you encounter along the way. A stop at the Conservation Ecology Centre Research Hub also offers insight into the conservation projects that Wildlife Wonders are supporting. Included in this experience is entry to Wildlife Wonders and the use of audio headsets and binoculars.
This guided wildlife walk is a wonderful addition to any Great Ocean Road itinerary with tours available at regular intervals throughout the day and 100% of the profits are reinvested back into conservation and research projects to protect Australia's threatened species.
- 75 minute guided walk
- Conservationist guide
- Entry into Wildlife Wonders
- Audio headset and binoculars
- This experience is 75 minutes in duration
- Available daily between 10am and 4pm
- Tours run regularly throughout the day
- This experience departs from 475 Great Ocean Road, Apollo Bay, VIC 3233. There is ample parking for visitors at Wildlife Wonders. They are able to accommodate campervans, caravans, minibuses and coaches.
What To Bring
- Wear comfortable, enclosed walking shoes. In summer, bring sunscreen and wear a hat, and in winter, bring a warm jacket. It can rain at any time of the year in the Otway Ranges, so it's best to be prepared with a rainproof jacket.
- The Walk with Wildlife tour is 1.4km long and takes just over an hour. The path is formed with a gentle gradient which can be managed by sturdy prams and wheelchairs. Please contact us at least 48 hours prior to your tour time should you require assistance, so that we can be support you to have the most wonderful experience.
- Wildlife Wonders directly supports the environment, with 100% of profits invested in vital research and conservation projects to save threatened species.
Terms And Conditions
- This experience is a 1.4km, 75 minute guided tour along a gently sloping and meandering path. *The path is formed with a gentle gradient which can be managed by people of all fitness levels. It is suitable for sturdy prams and is wheelchair friendly
- Please notify the provider of any accessibility requirements when booking
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your tour start time. Travel times along the Great Ocean Road can be significantly slower than expected, so please allow plenty of time for an enjoyable drive.
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Minimum of two and a maximum of 20 participants.
- Requests to reschedule will be accommodated if possible but cannot be guaranteed, especially in the event that a visitor is running late for a tour.
- Participant name changes are allowed.
- Those not wishing to participate in a tour can remain in the Visitor Centre, where they will find the *Emu Cafe and a well stocked gift shop.
- The tour runs in almost all weather conditions and the bush is beautiful in the rain. However, they provider reserves the right to delay or reschedule the tour if extreme weather threatens your safety.
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Take your family on a stunning adventure to Erskine Falls, Lorne, VIC. Enjoy the views, outdoor activities & the fun Sheoak Falls hike with the kids.
Portland Botanic Gardens are a beautiful place to visit in Victoria with kids. Enjoy a peaceful stroll and a picnic or BBQ in the Rose Gardens.
Get your adrenaline pumping on this 15,000ft weekday tandem skydive over the iconic Great Ocean Road with amazing aerial views of Victoria's coastline. Minimum age: 16 years old.
Get your adrenaline pumping on this up to 15,000ft skydive over the iconic Great Ocean Road and be spoilt with amazing aerial views of Victoria's coastline. Minimum age: 16 years old.
Tick this extraordinary experience off your list and soar over the Great Ocean Road on a breathtaking 12,000ft tandem skydive available on weekends only!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!