Gold Coast Kayaking and Snorkelling Tour to Wavebreak Island
2.5 hour kayaking tour
Snorkel gear included
Wave Break Island
Healthy delicious snack & drink
This shorter Gold Coast kayaking tour option takes you from Biggera Waters directly to lovely Wave Break Island for plenty of sea-and-sand entertainment. Lasting 2.5 hours, you'll head out with your friendly guides aboard your stable ocean kayak and make for Wave Break Island and its bevy of nature; paddle through the picturesque Gold Coast Broadwater keeping an eye out for marine life such as dolphins and more along the way. After approximately 25 minutes, you'll arrive on the island and then take a short bush walk to the other side of the island where you'll be able to snorkel the lovely waters or simply relax in the sun.
Kick back and enjoy an included snack and drink while soaking up the sunshine, before re-boarding your kayak and paddling back to the original departure point. Sun, sea, surf and sand all combine to make this a great value and alternative way to explore the Gold Coast's many natural highlights - if you're wanting a Gold Coast sightseeing journey with a difference, book yourself a Wave Break Island kayaking tour online today.
- Guided kayaking tours to Wave Break Island
- Kayaking and snorkelling equipment (mask and snorkel)
- Snack and water
- Digital pictures
- Dry bags for your valuables
- Wetsuits during cooler months (June-August)
- Paddle to the beautiful Wave Break Island while keeping an eye out for Dolphins and Stingrays
- Super stable and comfortable Kayaks
- Snorkel in the amazing Wave Break Island's rocky reef among hundreds of sub-tropical fish and marine fauna
- Relax while you float on the captivating waters of Wave Break Island
- No experience required
- Tours depart at 7.30am, 10.30am and 1.30pm
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before your booking departure time. Tour times are strict and you may not be allowed to participate in the activity once the safety induction has started
- Tour time: 2.5 hours
- Paddling time to Wavebreak Island: 25 minutes approx
- Beachwalk to Wave Break Island's Eastern side: 10 minutes approx
- Snorkelling/relaxing time: 40 minutes approx
- Snack time: 15 minutes approx
- Paddling time to departure point: 30 minutes approx
What To Bring
- Sun hat
- A reusable water bottle
- Swimwear (please be wearing at time of arrival)
- Protective clothing (UV+ & waterproof preferably)
- Spare clothes to get changed at the end of the tour
- Appropriate shoes for both walking and kayaking that can get wet. (Thongs or beach sandals are suitable)
- If you suffer from asthma, diabetes, allergies or any other medical conditions please bring the appropriate treatment with you. Otherwise you might be not allowed to join the tour
- Dry Bags will be provided for your valuable items, but the operator will not responsible for any damages they could suffer on the tour
- There are no toilets at the departure area. Therefore, please come ready to grab your kayak and go for your adventure
Terms And Conditions
- Minimum number and weather dependant
- Minors under 16 years old are not allowed to join any activity without the presence of an adult
- Minimum age ys 4 years old
- Water visibility and wildlife spotting might be affected for the force of nature and Seaway Tours is not responsible for this
- Customers can cancel/reschedule their booking up to 24 hours prior to the booking date and request a full refund or rescheduling option
- No refunds or rescheduling options available for: no shows, missing transfer service, last-minute change of mind at the launch site, late arrivals, cancellations requested within the 24hr prior to booking date
- No last minute cancellations (within 24hr prior to your booking date) accepted
- We do an outdoor activity where a certain fitness level is required. No refunds or rescheduling options are entitled for those who are not able to complete the activity
- We could contact you up to one hour before the tour commencement to announce a cancellation if weather conditions turn unfavourable for the activity
- Seaway Tours might cancel for inclement weather conditions or other reasons and will offer rescheduling options, booking to be kept ON HOLD or full refund
- Last minute cancellations might occur in the scenario the tour guides comprehend a specific customer is physically unable to complete the activity. No refunds are entitled in this scenario
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability is accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Free for kids under 5. Family Pass is available
Queen Mary Falls is a fantastic place to take the kids during the Brisbane school holidays. Enjoy the breathtaking views and get up close with nature!
School Holiday Camps: 11-15 Dec; 18-22 Dec 2023; 08-12 Jan; 15-19 Jan 2024
Enjoy two days entry to Dreamworld and SkyPoint Observation Deck within a 7 day period plus one bonus queue skip to ride pass valued at $24.95. T&C's apply.
Book your 1 day Dreamworld tickets here to receive express entry into Dreamworld + one BONUS ticket to ride pass on one ride valued at $24.95!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!