Great Barrier Reef Day Tour from the Gold Coast
Snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef
Return scenic flights over the reef
Hot and cold buffet lunch
Glass bottom boat and guided tour
Explore the coral cay Lady Elliot Island
View coral gardens and marine life
If your holiday time is limited and the Great Barrier Reef is high on your checklist of things to see, this experience is for you. Departing from the Gold Coast, this day tour includes scenic return flights to Lady Elliot Island, a one-of-a-kind coral cay island in the Southern Great Barrier Reef.
Visit Lady Elliot Island for a day to enjoy a snorkel and glass bottom boat tour at one of the best snorkelling locations on the Great Barrier Reef which is famous for its unspoiled coral reefs and an array of marine life. With exceptionally clear water year-round, visitors will spot a diverse range of coral, tropical fish, turtles, and manta rays found here.
As soon as you step off the plane you'll be greeted with spectacular sights from the lush greenery on the cay to the vibrant waters and coral surrounding it. Hosted by trained guides, you will spend the day snorkelling and fish feeding, exploring the reef on a glass bottom boat ride, reef and island walks, and enjoying a delicious buffet lunch. At the end of the day, buckle up for a wonderful scenic flight back to the Gold Coast flying low over the Great Barrier Reef.
- Hotel transfers ( includes Surfers Paradise Hotels and Resorts and properties located along the Gold Coast Highway between the Sundale Bridge and Coolangatta with the exception of Mercure Resort Gold Coast and the Royal Pines Resort)
- Return scenic flight to Lady Elliot Island
- Orientation tour/welcome drink
- Glass bottom boat/guided snorkel tour
- Snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and short wetsuit
- Hot & cold buffet lunch including prawns, beer, wine and soft drink
- Towels, sunscreen and reef walking shoes provided
- Use of day guest facilities (storage and shower facilities)
- Fully guided tour
- 6:15am: Arrive at the Seair Hanger to check in for your scenic flight
- 6.45am: Depart Seair Terminal, Gold Coast Airport for a Scenic Flight to Lady Elliot Island on the Southern Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy the aerial view of the Queensland Coastline
- 8.45am: Arrive on Lady Elliot Island, Southern Great Barrier Reef
- 9am-2.30pm: Enjoy the activities on Lady Elliot Island, brief Island Orientation Tour, Combined Glass Bottom Boat/Guided Snorkel Tour, Buffet Lunch and Afternoon Activity (tide dependent)
- 2.30pm: Depart for Scenic Flight back to the Gold Coast
- 4:30pm: Return back to Gold Coast Airport
- The above itinerary may be subject to change
- Spectacular 90 minute scenic flight from the Gold Coast
- The only day tour of it's type in Australia
- View one of the most pristine sections of Australia's Great Barrier Reef from the air as well as from above and below the water
- One of the best snorkelling and diving locations on the Great Barrier Reef
- Guided tour on a glass bottom boat/guided tour
- Snorkel amongst the most amazing coral formations and marine creatures
- The coral gardens surrounding the island are a breeding and feeding area for the giant "kites of the sea" Manta Rays
- Aerial views of the Gold Coast, North & South Stradbroke Island, Moreton Island and Fraser Island
- Delicious Buffet lunch
- Arrive at Seair Hanger Coolangatta at approximately 6.15am. You take to the air for a 120 minute scenic coastal flight to Lady Elliot Island, a true Great Barrier Reef marvel! You will arrive back to Coolangatta at approximately 4.30pm.
- Does not operate on Christmas Day 25th December
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Cost based on 2 or more passengers travelling. Single surcharge of $100 applies.
- Cannot be combined with other packages or specials
- Child age is 3-12 years inclusive
- One light backpack only on all flights to/from Lady Elliot Island
- Please note day guests are only permitted to 4kg of baggage per person
- Items must be carried on the lap or put in the baggage compartment as there is no overhead lockers and there is no storage facilities under the seats
- All activities are subject to weather and tide conditions
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Please provide each passenger's name in the booking note
- Must call to confirm availability prior to booking
- Flights are subject to change and may include transit stops
- Flight times vary depending on weather, aircraft type and possible transit stops
- All activities are subject to weather and tide conditions
- Includes fuel levy of $45 per person
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this tour
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Free for kids under 5. Family Pass is available
Queen Mary Falls is a fantastic place to take the kids during the Brisbane school holidays. Enjoy the breathtaking views and get up close with nature!
School Holiday Camps: 11-15 Dec; 18-22 Dec 2023; 08-12 Jan; 15-19 Jan 2024
Enjoy two days entry to Dreamworld and SkyPoint Observation Deck within a 7 day period plus one bonus queue skip to ride pass valued at $24.95. T&C's apply.
Treat the family to an exciting adventure at the Q1 SkyPoint Observation Deck in the heart of Surfers Paradise with views of the ocean and hinterland.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!