Byron Bay Day Tour departing Gold Coast
Visit Australian continent’s eastern most point
Explore Byron Bay Lighthouse & surrounds
Walk the headland & spot wildlife
Enjoy shopping, delicious food & locally made art works
Free time to explore Byron Bay township
Stroll along the beach or relax in a cafe
See for yourself why famous Hollywood celebrities flock to Northern New South Wales on this Byron Bay day tour from the Gold Coast. Departing from selected hotels, it's just a short hour drive to Byron Bay, a small coastal town known for its rolling surf and golden beaches.
As you arrive into town, you'll be taken to the Cape Byron Lighthouse which is Australia's most easterly point, and a great spot for spectacular photos. You will then have 4.5 hours free time to explore the town, shop till you drop or head for a swim and surf. Return Gold Coast transfers will have you returning back to your hotel around 4.30pm.
- Return coach transfers
- Cape Byron Lighthouse and walking track
- Free time to explore Byron Bay Township (approx. 4.5 hours)
- 8am - Depart from Gold Coast Hotel
- 10am - Arrive at Byron Bay Lighthouse
- 10.40am - Depart from Byron Bay Lighthouse
- 11am - Arrive at Byron Bay township for lunch (at own cost) and free time
- 3pm - Depart Byron Bay
- 4.30pm - Return to Gold Coast Hotel
- Visit Byron Bay Lighthouse, the Australian continent’s eastern most point
- Walk the headland, spot wildlife and learn about the history of the lighthouse
- Spend around 4.5 hours free time exploring Byron Bay township
- Enjoy shopping, delicious food and locally made retail and art works
- Stroll along the beach, relax in a cafe, surf and swim or go for a hike
- Tours depart daily at 8am and return at 4.30pm
- Tour does not operate Anzac Day, Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Easter holiday, first and last day of Byron Bay Blues Festival
- A complimentary hotel-pick up is included in this day tour. At the time of booking, please select your preferred pick up point and departure time. Please ensure you are waiting 10 minutes prior at your designated pick-up location
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Low/moderate level of fitness required
- Pick-up times may vary by 10 minutes depending on traffic
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Free for kids under 5. Family Pass is available
Queen Mary Falls is a fantastic place to take the kids during the Brisbane school holidays. Enjoy the breathtaking views and get up close with nature!
School Holiday Camps: 11-15 Dec; 18-22 Dec 2023; 08-12 Jan; 15-19 Jan 2024
Enjoy two days entry to Dreamworld and SkyPoint Observation Deck within a 7 day period plus one bonus queue skip to ride pass valued at $24.95. T&C's apply.
Book your 1 day Dreamworld tickets here to receive express entry into Dreamworld + one BONUS ticket to ride pass on one ride valued at $24.95!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!