Whale Watching Cruise from Sea World
What you need to know
Departing from Sea World on the Gold Coast, this is one of Australia’s premier whale watching experiences. Join marine experts for a close encounter with majestic Humpback Whales aboard one of Australia’s newest and luxurious whale watching vessels. Within minutes of the Gold Coast, cruise to the ‘Humpback Highway’ and spy on the world’s largest animals from 6 spacious viewing platforms from sea level to the sundeck with a spectacular backdrop of the Surfers Paradise skyline. During the cruise learn more about these fascinating marine creatures and listen to unique whale songs live with an underwater microphone on board.
The Gold Coast whale watching season runs from early June to November and whale watching cruises will depart daily from the Sea World Cruises Main Beach Terminal at 9am, 12pm and 3pm. Enjoy an early morning cruise before a day of activities on the Gold Coast or relax and sleep in with late afternoon departures available. If your whale watching cruise fails to sight a whale then an alternative date will be offered.
Don't miss out on the 2022 whale watching season - book your whale watching cruise online here!
- Kaiala departures: 8am, 11am and 2pm daily
- Spirit of Migaloo II departures: 9am, 12pm and 3pm daily
- Departures are seasonal and subject to change
- Up to 2.5 hour Whale Watch Cruise
- In the unlikely event your tour fails to see a whale you will receive a free return cruise voucher
- Visit our Terminal Cafe! Nothing builds up an appetite like a journey to the high seas. Thankfully the Sea World Cruises chefs recognise this and are serving up delicious brekky and lunch options on the daily. With a strong focus on seasonal and local produce and unrestricted views of the Gold Coast Broadwater – it’s the perfect way to begin, or complete, your whale watching adventure
- VIP Lounge "Captains Club" offers passenger to access to the VIP area which you can have interactive communication with a captain. Also, get complimentary refreshments and snacks. Please contact operator to upgrade
- Watch the Humpback Whales at play against the spectacular backdrop of Surfers Paradise
- Knowledgeable crew
- Purpose-built new boat for Gold Coast sea conditions
- Uninterrupted grandstand views from 3 spacious viewing platforms
- Tours depart daily from early June to early November
- 9am, 12pm and 3pm tours with vessel "Spirit of Migaloo II" (Boat capacity 190 pax)
- Additional departure times running at 8am, 11am and 2pm tours with vessel "Kaiala" (Boat capacity 80 pax)
- Departures are seasonal and subject to change
- Departing from the Sea World Cruises Main Beach Terminal, located in the car park outside of Sea World, 130 Seaworld Drive, Main Beach
- Departing from the Sea World Cruises Main Beach Terminal, located in the car park outside of Sea World.
What To Bring
- Warm clothes
- Flat shoes
- Sea sickness remedy if required
- Guaranteed sightings or we will provide you alternative date
- Cruises will be cancelled upon the discretion of the cruise operator taking into account the weather conditions of the day
- Infants and children are welcome with responsible adult supervision.
- Please advise at time of booking in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the Shopping Cart if you are travelling with an infant
Terms And Conditions
- Booking changes and cancellations are available without penalty up to 24 hours before departure. Within 24 hours, 100% of the fare is forfeited. For groups of 10 or more, 72 hours notice is required.
- All cruises are weather, minimum passenger number, and Queensland Health advisory dependent
- In the unlikely event of a cancellation by the operator, you will be provided with a full refund (excluding gift vouchers) or a 12-month credit to use towards another cruise
- The operator reserves the right to substitute the vessel or change the itinerary without notice
- All return times are approximate
- Conditions of Travel may vary if you have booked with a travel agent as your booking is subject to their terms and conditions
- For more information, please visit the operator's website
- Due to Covid-19 and government regulations, some tours may operate with reduced capacity. Should your booking be impacted by this, the operator will move your booking to an alternative tour or time
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
- Sea World Cruises Whale Watching will not provide a refund of any kind to passengers if a tour fails to sight a whale, in the unlikely event your tour fails to see a whale you will receive a free return cruise voucher
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.