Whale Watching Cruise from Sea World
Purpose-built whale watching vessel
Up to 2.5 hour whale watching cruise
Only 20 minutes to the whales
Departs from Sea World
3 levels of viewing decks
- Up to 2.5 hour Whale Watch Cruise
- In the unlikely event your tour fails to see a whale you will receive a free return cruise voucher
- Visit our Terminal Cafe! Nothing builds up an appetite like a journey to the high seas. Thankfully the Sea World Cruises chefs recognise this and are serving up delicious brekky and lunch options on the daily. With a strong focus on seasonal and local produce and unrestricted views of the Gold Coast Broadwater – it’s the perfect way to begin, or complete, your whale watching adventure
- VIP Lounge "Captains Club" offers passenger to access to the VIP area which you can have interactive communication with a captain. Also, get complimentary refreshments and snacks. Please contact operator to upgrade
- Watch the Humpback Whales at play against the spectacular backdrop of Surfers Paradise
- Knowledgeable crew
- Purpose-built new boat for Gold Coast sea conditions
- Uninterrupted grandstand views from 3 spacious viewing platforms
- Tours depart daily from early June to early November
- 9am, 12pm and 3pm tours with vessel "Spirit of Migaloo II" (Boat capacity 190 pax)
- Additional departure times running at 8am, 11am and 2pm tours with vessel "Kaiala" (Boat capacity 80 pax)
- Departures are seasonal and subject to change
- Departing from the Sea World Cruises Main Beach Terminal, located in the car park outside of Sea World, 130 Seaworld Drive, Main Beach
- Departing from the Sea World Cruises Main Beach Terminal, Seaworld Drive, Main Beach, 4217
What To Bring
- Warm clothes
- Flat shoes
- Sea sickness remedy if required
- Guaranteed sightings or we will provide you alternative date
- Cruises will be cancelled upon the discretion of the cruise operator taking into account the weather conditions of the day
- Infants and children are welcome with responsible adult supervision.
- Please advise at time of booking in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the Shopping Cart if you are travelling with an infant
Terms And Conditions
- Booking changes and cancellations are available without penalty up to 24 hours before departure. Within 24 hours, 100% of the fare is forfeited. For groups of 10 or more, 72 hours notice is required.
- All cruises are weather, minimum passenger number, and Queensland Health advisory dependent
- In the unlikely event of a cancellation by the operator, you will be provided with a full refund (excluding gift vouchers) or a 12-month credit to use towards another cruise
- The operator reserves the right to substitute the vessel or change the itinerary without notice
- All return times are approximate
- Conditions of Travel may vary if you have booked with a travel agent as your booking is subject to their terms and conditions
- For more information, please visit the operator's website
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
- Sea World Cruises Whale Watching will not provide a refund of any kind to passengers if a tour fails to sight a whale, in the unlikely event your tour fails to see a whale you will receive a free return cruise voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Free for kids under 5. Family Pass is available
Queen Mary Falls is a fantastic place to take the kids during the Brisbane school holidays. Enjoy the breathtaking views and get up close with nature!
School Holiday Camps: 11-15 Dec; 18-22 Dec 2023; 08-12 Jan; 15-19 Jan 2024
Enjoy two days entry to Dreamworld and SkyPoint Observation Deck within a 7 day period plus one bonus queue skip to ride pass valued at $24.95. T&C's apply.
Book your 1 day Dreamworld tickets here to receive express entry into Dreamworld + one BONUS ticket to ride pass on one ride valued at $24.95!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!