Hands On Country Eco Tour
Guided by the Traditional Owners on Country
Only 15min river cruise departing from Cairns Marlin Marina
Diversity of habitats and landscape
Opportunity to hear an ancient language
Connections to stories and the history of Yarrabah - Australia's largest Indigenous community
Mandingalbay Yidinji welcome and cleansing smoking ceremony
- A guided river cruise across Trinity Inlet from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
- Traditional Welcome to Country and Mandingalbay smoking ceremony.
- 20-minute guided bush-walk discovering the Mandingalbay Yidinji bush foods and medicine.
- Light refreshments (coconut damper, tea and fresh fruit).
- Return transfer by vessel to Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal
- Fully Guided by Mandingablay Yidinji people - the Traditional Owners of the land
- Tour starts from the Cairns Marina, right in the heart of the Cairns CBD and within walking distance from most city hotels and resorts
- Opportunity to hear an ancient language
- Visit a major environmental conservation project in an Indigenous Protected Area
- Connections to stories and the history of Yarrabah - Australia's largest Indigenous community
- Ancient practices combined with latest science for a sustainable future
- Departure time is 9am
- Cairns Marlin Marina, Meet your Tour Guide at Mooze Gelato and Juice Bar, 5/2 Pier Point Road (next to Salt House Restaurant Bar)
What To Bring
- Bring a water bottle, sunscreen, camera and prescribed medications
- Wear sturdy, flat footwear
- Child rate applies to children 5 to 16 years old.
- Infants 0 to 4 years old travel free of charge.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Take your family on an adventure to stunning Josephine Falls in Cairns! Just an hour's drive away, it's the perfect day out: picnic, swimming & fun!
If you're looking for free activities in Cairns, take your family to explore the breathtaking Barron Falls rainforest canopy walk and lookout!
Babinda Boulders Waterfall - Cairns Wet Tropics Attraction in a rainforest with a Swimming hole, picnic area, and spectacular pool walk.
Yorkeys Knob Foreshore Reserve is a must visit, with lots of free kids activities and things to do in Cairns for the whole family.
Stoney Creek Falls is a must visit if you have an adventurous spirit and are looking for fun, free activities in Cairns, QLD for the whole family!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!