Half Day Canyoning Experience
Canyoning in the rainforest
Light lunch provided
Slide & jump beside waterfalls
Transfers from Cairns & Nth Beaches Hotels
Experience the thrill of canyoning in the beautiful Cairns rainforest as you abseil, zip line and slide and jump beside waterfalls with this Canyoning experience! A great way to see another side of beautiful Cairns aside from the Great Barrier Reef, this canyoning experience is one to add to your holiday itinerary. With tuition provided before you set off, no experience is necessary and is suitable for anyone 8 years or older with a love of adventure. Anyone under 18 must travel with a guardian or parent.
All equipment is provided including a helmet, canyoning boots, carabenas, harness, socks and also padded activity shorts that are to be worn underneath your board shorts. Simply wear your board shorts or swimwear, pack a towel and dry pair of clothes to change in to, as well as sunscreen of course and you're set for an adventure unlike anything you'll have done before.
- All equipment provided
- Half day canyoning adventure at either Behana or Crystal Canyon.
- All tuition provided (no experience necessary)
- Safety equipment to wear for the canyoning adventure
- Professional abseil instruction from a certified instructor
- Transfers to and from Cairns in an air-conditioned mini-bus
- Behana Gorge or Crystal Cascade – private access
- Food, participants can BYO food
- Digital photos of your tour available for purchase
- Accommodation transfers from Cairns and Nth Beaches available on request (subject to availability) for $10 per person
- Optional self repelling and abseiling
- Immersed in the Wet tropical rainforest
- Enjoy your delicious fresh lunch in amazing surroundings
- Impressive basalt rock and Boulder formations
- Perfect for beginners and up - No standard fitness required (all activities on this course are optional)
- We usually visit Crystals on the morning tour at 6:30am, and Behana in the afternoon tour at 12pm but that can change based on weather and the ages of guests that day who are participating.
- Meeting location is 58 Grafton Street, This is under The Benson Hotel
- Tours depart Cairns City at approximately 6.30am
- Please note the tour location may be subject to change on the day due to operational conditions such as weather and water levels
What To Bring
- Water bottle
- Sun protection
- Shoes with good grip that will get wet
- Go Pros and waterproof cameras are more than welcome
- Change of clothes if you feel like getting warm and dry afterwards
- BYO food
- No experience necessary
- Minimum age of participation is 8yrs old
- Maximum participant weight is 125kgs
- Minimum of two passengers to operate tour
- These tours are not suitable for those with spinal issues, or who are pregnant
- No alcohol - (Zero tolerance towards alcohol and/or drug abuse)
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Take your family on an adventure to stunning Josephine Falls in Cairns! Just an hour's drive away, it's the perfect day out: picnic, swimming & fun!
If you're looking for free activities in Cairns, take your family to explore the breathtaking Barron Falls rainforest canopy walk and lookout!
Babinda Boulders Waterfall - Cairns Wet Tropics Attraction in a rainforest with a Swimming hole, picnic area, and spectacular pool walk.
Yorkeys Knob Foreshore Reserve is a must visit, with lots of free kids activities and things to do in Cairns for the whole family.
Stoney Creek Falls is a must visit if you have an adventurous spirit and are looking for fun, free activities in Cairns, QLD for the whole family!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!