Fitzroy Island Full Day Package with Snorkelling Equipment and Glass Bottom Boat Tour
Glass bottom boat tour
Self-guided national park walks and pristine beaches
Snorkel or swim in the shallow coral reefs off the beach
Snorkel equipment (mask, snorkel, fins & lycra suit) included
Dine at the island's cafe and bar facilities
Spend over six hours exploring Fitzroy Island as you please
Come explore Fitzroy Island, a destination beloved by Cairns locals and visitors alike, where you’ll marvel at the rainforest-covered mountains as they slope down to the rocky headlands, the unspoilt coral beaches and the serene waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Comprised of 90% National Park land, this is as close to paradise as it gets.
After arriving at this impressive location by way of ferry, you can easily snorkel straight from the beach and discover incredible marine life and sea turtles, or simply bask in the tranquillity of the sandy shores of the famous Nudey Beach, which was voted the best beach in Australia. Another exciting way to explore the island's fascinating marine life is through our glass-bottom boat tours.
For those who prefer land activities, there are nine kilometres of walking trails through the tropical rainforest, where you can enjoy spectacular views of Green Island from 269 meters above sea level. And don’t forget to visit the Cairns Turtle Rehabilitation Centre, a special facility on the island that helps rehabilitate turtles back to health.
Whether you're out for adventure, a chance to take in the incredible scenery, or simply looking for a relaxing day with the family, you can customize your own adventure to Fitzroy Island.
- Fast, air-conditioned catamaran to and from the island
- Enjoy a full day with six and a half hours on the island
- Access to self-guided rainforest walks and pristine beaches
- Snorkel equipment package (mask, snorkel, fins and lycra suit)
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Beach activity equipment hire available
- Restaurant and bar facilities available
- Hotel transfers
- A favourite destination for Cairns locals and visitors alike
- Cairns and Fitzroy Island ferry transfers aboard an air-conditioned catamaran
- Traverse the island and take a bush walk to the summit or lighthouse
- Enjoy a glass-bottom boat tour
- Snorkel straight off the beach with an included snorkel equipment package
- Departs Cairns at 8:45 am Fitzroy Island
- Departs Fitzroy Island at 4:00 pm and arrives in Cairns at 4.45 pm
- Please allow approximately six and a half hours for this experience
- This experience departs from Berth 7 on A Finger at the Cairns Marlin Marina on 1 Spence St, Cairns City.
What To Bring
- Water bottle
- Walking shoes
- Snacks and food if you have special dietary requirements
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no-shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at the time of booking
- Upon completion of the purchase, please print the voucher and present it on the day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Take your family on an adventure to stunning Josephine Falls in Cairns! Just an hour's drive away, it's the perfect day out: picnic, swimming & fun!
If you're looking for free activities in Cairns, take your family to explore the breathtaking Barron Falls rainforest canopy walk and lookout!
Babinda Boulders Waterfall - Cairns Wet Tropics Attraction in a rainforest with a Swimming hole, picnic area, and spectacular pool walk.
Yorkeys Knob Foreshore Reserve is a must visit, with lots of free kids activities and things to do in Cairns for the whole family.
Stoney Creek Falls is a must visit if you have an adventurous spirit and are looking for fun, free activities in Cairns, QLD for the whole family!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!