Bungle Bungle Range Scenic Flight and Tour - Full Day
Fly over the beautiful turquoise waters of Roebuck Bay
See the iconic Bungle Bungle Range from a birds-eye view
Wander along the Domes Walk and enjoy lunch at Cathedral Gorge
Scenic helicopter flight from Broome
3km guided walk on the Domes Walk
Morning tea and refreshments at Halls Creek
Visit the world heritage-listed Purnululu National Park on this full day adventure that includes a scenic flight and day tour within the Kimberley region. Home to a plethora of natural formations, travellers can take in the incredible sights from the air and on the ground travelling in an air-conditioned 4WD bus.
Taking off from Broome, the day begins with the pilot taking you on a scenic flight soaring over the bright turquoise waters of Roebuck Bay, Fitzroy River and Geike Gorge before touching down at Halls Creek for morning tea. Buckle up again for an aerial tour around the Bungle Bungle Massif to see the striking domes, hidden gorges and pools below.
Back on the ground, you’ll embark on a 3km walk to the Domes and Cathedral Gorge where lunch is served while you listen to fascinating Dreamtime stories. Cap off a brilliant day with a return scenic flight to Broome taking in views of the spectacular Wunaamin Miliwundi Ranges, Devonian Reef Conservation Park and Winjana Gorge. Add this must-do experience to your bucket list for a comprehensive tour of the Bungle Bungle Range from the air and on the ground.
- Scenic helicopter flight from Broome
- Experienced and knowledgeable pilot
- Morning tea and refreshments at Halls Creek
- Local Gija tour guide
- Welcomed to country
- Travel in air-conditioned 4WD bus
- 3km guided walk on the Domes Walk
- Lunch and drinks at Cathedral Gorge
- This experience is a full day in duration.
- This experience departs from the Broome International Airport, 7 Gus Winckel Road, Broome, WA 6725.
What To Bring
- Whilst travelling light, take a minimum of sunglasses, hat, water bottle and sunscreen. Pack a small backpack or soft bag that can be safely stowed in the aircraft's luggage hold.
- Your pilots are very experienced with the local Kimberley conditions and obtain aviation forecasts covering the entire tour route prior to the flights departure. If for some reason they think bad weather will disrupt your tour, they will be in touch with you prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
- Women six months pregnant or more will need a certificate from their doctor or midwife clearing them fit to fly
- Babies and infants 0-2 years of age are most welcome onboard and can be carried on the lap of a parent or guardian
- Baggage allowance of 5kg per person
- Minimum of four participants.
- Once this experience has been confirmed, changes are at the discretion of the experience provider and arranged directly with them according to this policy:
- A minimum of seven days notice is required for cancellations
- Those choosing to go on this experience will visit an indigenous community where it is mandated to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please remember to bring evidence of full vaccination or medical exemption, as you may be turned away and forfeit monies paid if you fail to do so.
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Join Marine Biologists on an unforgettable sunset eco cruise along Broome’s coastline to view Snubfin dolphins, turtles and more in Roebuck Bay.
Explore the breathtaking landscapes of the Dampier Peninsula with this fully guided day tour from Broome. Tour includes morning tea and lunch.
Touch rare pearls and artefacts, taste pearl meat and learn the 150 year history of pearling in Broome on this 1.5 hour Luggers Tour of Willie Creek Pearls!
Heading east from Broome, spend the day exploring the incredible Windjana Gorge in all it's natural beauty and discover Tunnel Creek's amazing cave system.
Discover the highlights of Broome on this half day tour, immersing yourself in history and culture. Finish off the tour watching the sunset on Cable Beach.
Visit Malcolm Douglas Crocodile Park to witness the famous daily crocodile feeding exhibition with park entry and return transfers from Broome included.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!