Zorb Rotorua Experience
Zorb globe riding experience in Rotorua
3 track options to choose from
Have a globe to yourself or share with friends
Pre-purchase a ticket and turn up anytime
Hot spa facilities
The world’s longest zig-zag
- Globe riding experience down the choice of 4 different tracks - Sidewinder, Straight, Big Air or MEGA Tracks
- Hot-Tub Soak for after or in-between rides
- 350m of the twistiest track ever constructed and longest in the world
- Ride the Zorb globe down the twistiest track in the world!
- Slide in 40 litres or water (cool in the summer and warm in the winter)
- Speed up on the straight before riding up the sides of the most massive corners
- Maximum of 3 people in the Zorb
- 250m long track
- Long... straight... fast! Superman dive into the Zorb globe on your own or have one, two or three friends in there together
- Add 40 litres or water (cool in the summer and warm in the winter) and slip, slide and laugh all the way to the bottom
- Maximum of 3 people in the Zorb
- The fastest, longest and steepest downhill ball rolling track in the WORLD
- Perched high up on the edge of the ultimate drop
- Feel the earth disappear beneath you as you travel down the craziest track
- Maximum three people at a time
- Big Air will have you holding on tight as you fly down three epic drops, swing around thrilling bends and sweeping corners
- Challenge yourself on the most exhilarating track in the Zorb collection
- Maximum of two people at a time
- Open Fridays – Mondays 10am – 4pm
- We recommend allowing one hour for this experience as it will give you enough time to do a couple of rides. You will also want to allow time to relax in the three onsite hot tubs in-between your rides, have an awesome barista coffee and check out your photos and videos from your rides
- Zorb is located near the Skyline Gondola and Rainbow Springs, only a short 10 minute drive from the centre of town
- Exact address is Luge at 525 Ngongotaha Road, Fairy Springs
- Public buses run from the Rorotua Visitor Information Centre i-site every 30 minutes. We are the stop just after Rainbow Springs and Skyline Rotorua
Is the water cold?
The water we put inside the Zorbs is warm in winter and cool in summer – approx. 40 litres to be precise. We also have toasty warm hot tubs at the top and bottom of the hill for you to enjoy. Heaters and hairdryers in the changing rooms, delicious barista coffee and free Wi-Fi you won’t even notice its winter outside.
Can children ride by themselves?
As long as your child is over our age restriction of 5 years old then they can ride inside the Zorb by themselves. For the younger kiddies we do recommend riding with an adult or other kids, it’s always more fun riding with others!
Will we bump into each other?
The nature of the ride is like a giant waterslide, you won’t bump into or hurt each other.
What To Bring
- Swimwear and towel (if you want to ride in shorts and t-shirt, this is also okay)
- If you forget your swimwear or shorts, these can be hired on the day for $7 per person
- You are welcome to take your own GoPro or waterproof camera inside the Zorb with you
- Age restriction: 5 years and over
- Weight restriction: Maximum weight per person 125kg, maximum combined weight 250kg
- Maximum combined weight in one Zorb is 250kg OR 551 lb
- You do not need to book a date or time for this experience. Simply just purchase a ticket and turn up when you want!
- This ride does not include tumbling
- Also if you feel like changing your mind of track styles on the day, this is an option. You are not locked in to your purchase choice (additional fees may apply if upgrading to a more expensive track)
- If you are purchasing the combo package, rides can be used over multiple days (you do not need to do both tracks in the same day if you do not wish)
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!