Night Forest Walk
Visit New Zealand’s majestic Puketi Rainforest
A relaxed fully guided 2 hr Night Walk
Listen to the enchanting sounds of the Rainforest
Watch flying bats overhead head
Observe the nocturnal wildlife in their habitat
If you’re lucky maybe even spot a kiwi
- A relaxed fully guided 2 hr Night Walk in the Puketi Forest
- On twilight listen to the bird song changing from day calls to night calls
- See bats flying overhead feeding on the insects
- On night fall observe the nocturnal wildlife of the forest in their habitats
- Keep your eyes peeled for the iconic kiwi
- Head lamps
- Limited group sizes of 6
- Experienced guides with a passion for conservation share their stories and knowledge
- Over 360 indigenous species of plants
- Spot the Northland green gecko and tusked weta
- This subtropical rainforest is one of the most diverse in New Zealand
- Departure times are subject to change to accommodate the sunset and night fall
- Upon the completion of your booking, the tour operators contact details will be provided in the form of a tour voucher for you to confirm the tour time closer to your departure date
- Phuketi Heights, 476 Phuketi Road
- 12 mins from the Bay of Islands airport, 15 minutes from Kerikeri and 30 minutes from Paihia
What To Bring
- Sun hat
- Sturdy walking shoes and attire
- Small day pack
- Wet weather clothing as required
- The tours are able to be personalised to all levels of fitness from low impact for the elderly
- Some trails are fully accessible for wheelchairs, while other are not. Please call our reservation team on 1300 839 731 should you have any questions surrounding this
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Puzzling World is a unique & award-winning Wanaka attraction, specialising in puzzles, optical illusions and mega mazes since 1973.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!