Auckland Museum Tickets
A variety of exhibitions to view
Showcase of all things Maori and Pacific Islander
Very well-curated exhibits on European history
Learn about natural history
Top 10 Things to Do in Auckland
Rare examples of craftsmanship from hundreds of years ago
- General Admission
- A variety of exhibitions
- Comprehensive, informative and entertaining showcase of all things Maori and Pacific Islander
- Very well-curated exhibits on European history
- Learn about natural history and New Zealand's many unique types of animal life
Galleries and Exhibition
- Open daily from 10am - 5pm
- The museum is opening on ANZAC Day (25th April) following the Dawn Service
- Closed Christmas Day
- Monday to Saturday 10am - 5pm
- ANZAC Day 10am - 5pm
- Sundays and public holidays closed
- Open daily 9.30am - 5pm
- Open daily 10am - 5pm
- Located at The Auckland Domain, Parnell
- The Museum is close to the motorways and the city centre and in easy walking distance from the popular shopping and café areas of Parnell Village and Newmarket
- A wheelchair ramp is located at the two main entrances. Wheelchairs may be borrowed from the Security Desk in the Museum Foyer if needed
- Children aged between 0-4 years inclusive can visit free of charge
- Children aged 13 and under must be accompanied at all times by an adult while inside the Museum
- No food or drink is allowed to be taken into the galleries as eating or drinking in the galleries is not permitted
- No refunds or exchanges on any ticket
- For the comfort and safety of visitors and collections, large bags, backpacks larger than 40cm (L) x 15cm (W) x 35cm (H), tripods, and motorcycle helmets cannot be taken into the galleries
- Electronic lockers are located within the Visitor Lounge located inside the Northern entrance, and in the Atrium Visitor Lounge and Kai Room, located inside the Southern entrance. Fees apply to use the electronic lockers
- Visitors are welcome to use hand-held cameras with flash as well as video recording equipment for private purposes in the galleries unless otherwise indicated. Tripods are not allowed. Please note audio and/or video recording of Auckland War Memorial Museum Highlights Guided Tours, Māori Cultural Performance, Maori Cultural Chinese Experience & Mandarin Tour of Māori Galleries is not permitted
- Secure undercover paid parking is available at the Museum from 6.30am to 6.30pm, the first 30 minutes free. Enter from Maunsell Road which is on the Newmarket side of the Domain. Alternatively, free parking (subject to availability) is available in the Auckland Domain. A limited number of mobility parking spaces are located in the underground carpark and at the Atrium Entrance
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!