Mount Lofty Half Day Mountain Bike Tour
What you need to know
Ride the infamous Mount Lofty and meet native wildlife on this tour! Your day begins with a scenic drive in a luxury 4WD vehicle that drops you off at the summit of Mount Lofty, the highest point in the ranges standing at 710m. After enjoying the stunning views and snapping photos of the city, the Adelaide Hills and the plains, you get geared up with your helmet and mountain bike and prepare to ride the descent! Your first stop is at the Cleland Wildlife Park, where you can feed or pat kangaroos, wallabies, emus, koalas and other native wildlife!
After enjoying morning tea, you'll bike exclusively through the Cleland Conservation Park, where no other tour or cyclist is permitted to ride. In this area, you may even get to see more koalas and kangaroos in their natural environment. Finally, you enjoy views of Australian bush land of the city on your ride back to the city. You don’t have to be an avid cyclist to join this tour, in fact, as you driven to the summit of Mount Lofty, your ride is almost completely downhill.
This leisurely and scenic ride begins at the area’s highest point and is under the leadership of a qualified bike guide who will design the tour with the group’s abilities and wants in mind. As the group size is limited to a maximum of six people, this tour is flexible and is an intimate experience. From spectacular scenery, thrilling bike rides and wildlife encounters, the Lofty Descents Day Trip is one exciting day out!
- Pick-up from Central Adelaide by luxury 4WD
- Transport to the summit of Mount Lofty
- Hire of a good quality mountain bike, with front suspension and disc brakes (and Helmet)
- Entry to Cleland Wildlife Park to see native wildlife including Kangaroos, Koalas and more
- Morning tea
- Special access to Cleland Conservation Park by bike
- Fully-qualified local mountain bike guide
- Ride from the summit of Mount Lofty on mountain bikes to Adelaide
- Ride through stunning native bush
- Cleland Wildlife Park
- Spot koalas, kangaroos and emus in their natural environment
- Explore trails by mountain bike which have just been opened to cyclists
- Downhill all the way
- Tours depart most Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays from Central Adelaide at approximately 9am and return at approximately 2pm
- Tours depart from Adelaide Central Bus Station, 91 Franklin Street, Adelaide
- Pick-ups from hotels in Central Adelaide and Glenelg are available on request. Please specify preferred pick up location at the time of booking
What To Bring
- Suitable clothing and footwear
- Water bottle
- Beginner level mountain biking ability
- A basic level of fitness is required, and Riders should be 'competent' cyclists, happy to ride for 2 hours or more on a mix of rough, off-road terrain, gravel trails and quiet back roads
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.