Port Phillip Bay Hands-On Sailing Experience - 4 Hours
Hands-on sailing experience on Port Phillip Bay
Four-hour introduction to sailing
Step on board and experience the world of sailing
No-pressure, no prior experience needed
Take the helm of a 40ft luxury yacht
Starts and finishes at Docklands
- Four-hour sailing experience on a luxury yacht
- Safety gear, jacket and gloves
- Professional instructor
- Learn key skills and begin to use them as you trim sails, winch sheets and try your hand at the helm
- Enjoy refreshments and the sites as we motor up the Yarra at the end
- Learn to tack, gybe and trim the sails for different points of sailing as we slice through the water
- The experience starts from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- This experience is offered only on specific Sunday afternoons. Not all Sundays available
- Please allow four hours for this experience
- This experience departs from 45 Newquay Promenade Docklands
- Participants must be 16 years of age or older
- We only take six trainees to ensure you all have the opportunity to get involved
- Sailing is an active sport and requires a moderate level of agility. Therefore, it may not be suitable for people with fitness and/or mobility concerns
- Pregnancy: Expectant guests who are 28-36 weeks pregnant will require medical clearance to board. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate anyone over 36 weeks of gestation
- Sailing is a safe sport but does have some inherent risks. Your safety is our highest priority. To help ensure your safety you will be provided with a small, inflatable life jacket which must be worn at all times.
- Safety briefing will be provided before departing the dock
- Participants need to wear non-slip shoes with non-marking soles that fully cover their feet (no sandals or thongs), shorts or long pants depending on the weather, and a warm layer of some kind. It is usually 5 degrees cooler on the water than on the land, so remember that warm layer. In most conditions, you won’t get wet, but if it is windy you may get wet and need a change of pants and shoes
- Sailing is weather-dependent. We still sail if it rains, but if the wind is too strong (over 25 knots) we will need to cancel
- Change your booking up to 7 days before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 7 days of your experience
- Late arrivals or no-shows will result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at the time of booking
- Upon completion of the purchase, please print the voucher and present it on the day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Holiday Programs: 02-25 Jan 2024. Use EARLYBIRDJAN25: $25off full-day camps; EARLYBIRDJAN15: $15 off half-day camps (Expires 30 Nov 2023)
Summer Holiday Program: 15, 16, 22, 23, 24 January 2024. Online: 15-19 January 2024
4-Week Intensive Course: 03-30 January 2023 (Weekdays 10am-3pm)
School holiday program: 15 January 2024
School holiday program: 8-9 Jan; 17 Jan; 18-19 Jan 2024
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!