Kaikoura Scenic Helicopter Flight - 40 Minutes
Take to the air on a breathtaking heli flight over Kaikoura
Admire the stunning scenery of the coast and mountain ranges
Witness earthquake damage from the 2016 magnitude 7.8 earthquake
Stunning views of the Clarence Valley, Hapuku Damn and Papatea Fault.
Slowly orbit the wildlife from the helicopter to maximise viewing
Professional in flight commentary from pilots
- 40 minute flight including landing up the coast of Kaikoura
- Informative pre-flight talk from the pilots
- Professional and experienced pilots with in-flight commentary
- Complimentary transfers from Kaikoura township to the helipads
- Alongside stunning scenery of coast and mountain
- Witness earthquake damage from the 2016 magnitude 7.8 earthquake. Sights include Clarence Valley, Hapuku Damn and Papatea Fault.
- The duration of this experience is 40 minutes.
- This experience takes place in Kaikoura, New Zealand.
- This experience departs from South Pacific Helicopters NZ Helipad on 617 State Highway 1, Peketa, Kaikoura 7374. A free courtesy transfer from Kaikoura township (72 West End, Kaikoura) is available; please discuss with the provider directly at the time of booking if you wish to utilise this service.
What To Bring
- Please wear comfortable shoes, warm clothing and sunglasses
- Please also bring a camera
- A minimum of two adult participants are required for this flight to proceed
- Infants under the age of 2 years of age can travel free of charge IF (they can sit comfortably on an adults’ lap & weighs under 18kg’s).
- Limited to 1 infant per journey/experience
- Adult: 3 years +
- Children 0-2 Free
- A minimum of two adult participants are required for flights to proceed
- There is a maximum of 5 passengers per aircraft, if you are traveling in a larger book your party will be split between helicopters
- Change your booking up to 48 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 48 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Grab a ticket to the best wildlife park in New Zealand's West Coast region - the West Coast Wildlife Centre - and see NZ's iconic bird, the Kiwi, up close! Free for kids under 5 years of age.
Swim with Dolphins with Black Cat Cruises in Akaroa near Christchurch. An unforgettable natural encounter with the world's friendliest Hector's Dolphins.
Take a nature cruise around the pristine waters of Akaroa, see the rare, New Zealand Hector’s Dolphin, the world’s smallest dolphin, fur seals and penguins! Free for children under the age of 5 years.
If the Abel Tasman National Park is in your must-see list then a scenic cruise through the region is your ideal trip.
Take a ride on this adventure park chairlift to see beautiful native flora and fauna and panoramic views of Christchurch city, Pacific Ocean and the Alps. Suitable for 4+ years old.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!