Kaikoura Whale Watch Ocean Safari Helicopter Flight - 45 Minutes
45 minute Kaikoura helicopter flight over the Whale Sanctuary
Spot a huge array of whales from air
Stunning views of Kaikoura Mountain Ranges and Peninsula
Slowly flyover the wildlife from the helicopter to maximise viewing
Flight operate daily dependent on weather
Plenty of time to enjoy abundant wildlife including whales, dolphins, and seals
- A minimum of two adult participants are required for flights to proceed. There is a maximum of 5 passengers per aircraft, if you are traveling in a larger book your party will be split between helicopters.
How It Works
- A minimum of two adult participants are required for this flight to proceed
- Infants under the age of 2 years of age can travel free of charge IF (they can sit comfortably on an adults’ lap & weighs under 18kg’s).
- Limited to 1 infant per journey/experience
- Adult: 3 years +
- 45 minute helicopter flight to view wildlife
- Informative pre-flight talk from the pilots
- Professional and experienced pilots with in-flight commentary
- Complimentary transfers from Kaikoura township to the helipads
- Slowly orbit the wildlife from the helicopter to maximise viewing
- More time to enjoy the abundant wildlife of Kaikoura including whales, dolphins, and seals
- Stunning views of the Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges, the Kaikoura Peninsula, and the Kaikoura Peninsula
- Flights are available from sunrise to sunset, subject to weather and availability
- Please allow 45 minutes for this experience
- Not available on Christmas Day
- This experience takes place in Kaikoura.
- South Pacific Helicopters NZ Helipad is located and departs from 617 State Highway 1, Peketa, Kaikoura 7374. A free courtesy transfer from Kaikoura township (72 West End, Kaikoura) is available; please discuss with the provider directly at the time of booking if you wish to utilise this service.
What To Bring
- Please wear comfortable shoes, warm clothing and sunglasses
- Please also bring a camera
- Change your booking up to 48 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 48 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- This experience is weather dependent. In the event of unfavourable weather conditions, the experience provider will contact you to reschedule your flight to another day
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Grab a ticket to the best wildlife park in New Zealand's West Coast region - the West Coast Wildlife Centre - and see NZ's iconic bird, the Kiwi, up close! Free for kids under 5 years of age.
Swim with Dolphins with Black Cat Cruises in Akaroa near Christchurch. An unforgettable natural encounter with the world's friendliest Hector's Dolphins.
If the Abel Tasman National Park is in your must-see list then a scenic cruise through the region is your ideal trip.
Take a ride on this adventure park chairlift to see beautiful native flora and fauna and panoramic views of Christchurch city, Pacific Ocean and the Alps. Suitable for 4+ years old.
Take a nature cruise around the pristine waters of Akaroa, see the rare, New Zealand Hector’s Dolphin, the world’s smallest dolphin, fur seals and penguins! Free for children under the age of 5 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!