Hurunui River Jet Boat Ride - 30 Minutes
30 minute jet boat ride on the Hurunui River
Blast through Hurunui River at heart pumping speeds
Wind your way through shallow river braids and dramatic canyons
360-degree spins and drifts thrown in for good measure
Explore the wild coastline or beautiful farmland
Located near Hanmer Springs and Christchurch
Enjoy exclusive access to over 100 km of spectacular scenery on this 30 minute jet boat ride on the Hurunui River. New Zealand is well known for its jet boating experience and this one will not disappoint. Cruise the river to explore the rugged cliffs, wild coastline and beautiful farmland on a small group jet boat ride.
Combining beautiful scenery and all the thrills that a high speed jet boat ride can offer, this is a wonderful way to experience the best of Hurunui River. Wind your way along shallow river braids, remarkable canyons and large boulder fields as you pass under three historic bridges throughout the jet boat tour. Stop to take in the serenity of the region before a heart pumping finale.
- 30 minute jetboat ride
- Life jackets are supplied
- The duration of this experience is 30 minutes
- 1767 Domett Road state highway 1
- It is near Kaikoura and Christchurch as apposed to Hanmer Springs and Christchurch
What To Bring
- Warm clothing, sunglasses and suitable footwear are required
- Rain and lifejackets are provided
- Minimum of 2 passengers required for a trip (1 adult)
- Toilet facilities are available
- Please note availability is subject to capacity, river and weather conditions
Terms And Conditions
- Minimum age 5, children defined as 5-13 years
- Jet boating is an adventure activity which means that a certain amount of risk is involved Passengers must be physically able, pregnant women are discouraged
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Grab a ticket to the best wildlife park in New Zealand's West Coast region - the West Coast Wildlife Centre - and see NZ's iconic bird, the Kiwi, up close! Free for kids under 5 years of age.
Swim with Dolphins with Black Cat Cruises in Akaroa near Christchurch. An unforgettable natural encounter with the world's friendliest Hector's Dolphins.
If the Abel Tasman National Park is in your must-see list then a scenic cruise through the region is your ideal trip.
Take a ride on this adventure park chairlift to see beautiful native flora and fauna and panoramic views of Christchurch city, Pacific Ocean and the Alps. Suitable for 4+ years old.
Take a nature cruise around the pristine waters of Akaroa, see the rare, New Zealand Hector’s Dolphin, the world’s smallest dolphin, fur seals and penguins! Free for children under the age of 5 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!