Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools
Choice of two great value passes
The ultimate in NZ relaxation
Relax and unwind
Private Pools/Saunas & Steam
4 Waterslides including New Zealand’s largest Aqua Thrill Ride
22 Outdoor Thermal Pools
- Use of all outdoor thermal pools
- 4 Waterslides, Lap Pool & kids Activity Area
- Family activity pool
- Private Pools/Saunas & Steam
- 4 Waterslides including New Zealand’s largest Aqua Thrill Ride
- 22 Outdoor Thermal Pools
- Towels (can be hired on the day for $5)
- locker hire available at reception
- Private Thermal Pool
- Private pools (includes use of outdoor pools): If you have selected this option, we recommend you call the operator to book a date and time of your private pool session prior to your visit to avoid disappointment
- AquaTherapy Pools
- Hexagonal Pools
- Sulphur Pools
- Private pools/Sauna/Steam Room
- Freshwater pool
- Lazy River
- AquaPlay Area
- SuperBowl Ride
- Family activity pool
- Open Daily including every public holiday except Christmas Day when all our facilities are closed. Winter Hours 10am-7pm & Summer Hours 10am-9pm
- Located on the corner of Jacks Pass Road & Amuri Avenue. Entrance to the complex is at 42 Amuri Avenue, Hanmer Springs
- Hanmer Springs is 90 minutes drive from Christchurch or Kaikoura or 3 hrs drive from Greymouth
- The Hanmer Connection shuttle service travels to Hanmer Springs from Christchurch on a daily basis, departing Christchurch at 9am. The return trip to Christchurch leaves at 4.30pm
- Car parking is available on the streets surrounding the Thermal Pools. Alternatively you can leave your car at your accommodation as the pools are located within a 5-10 minute easy walk from most accommodation
- There is wheelchair access around the complex including wheelchair ramp access to several pools and aqua Chair/lifts available on a range of pools
- A senior must be 60 years or over
- Children under 8 years to be actively supervised at all times by a responsible caregiver
- Children under 5 years must be within arm's reach at all times
- Children 5-7 years must be in visual contact and close enough to give immediate assistance at all times
- All waterslides are included, children must be a minimum of 5yrs and 1.2m tall to use these
- A responsible caregiver is defined as someone aged 16 years or older
- Swimsuits available for hire, swimsuits or short $5 (payable on the day)
- The thermal waters are rich in minerals, which help your body repair and rejuvenate
- They increase the flow of oxygen-rich blood throughout the body, nourishing vital organs and tissues
- People have been bathing in our natural thermal waters since 1883
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience. Mobile vouchers are NOT accepted
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Grab a ticket to the best wildlife park in New Zealand's West Coast region - the West Coast Wildlife Centre - and see NZ's iconic bird, the Kiwi, up close! Free for kids under 5 years of age.
Swim with Dolphins with Black Cat Cruises in Akaroa near Christchurch. An unforgettable natural encounter with the world's friendliest Hector's Dolphins.
If the Abel Tasman National Park is in your must-see list then a scenic cruise through the region is your ideal trip.
Take a ride on this adventure park chairlift to see beautiful native flora and fauna and panoramic views of Christchurch city, Pacific Ocean and the Alps. Suitable for 4+ years old.
Take a nature cruise around the pristine waters of Akaroa, see the rare, New Zealand Hector’s Dolphin, the world’s smallest dolphin, fur seals and penguins! Free for children under the age of 5 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!