Great Barrier Reef Overnight Snorkel and Dive Sail Tour with Private Cabin
Overnight Dive and Snorkel Sail Tour
Exclusive access to 25 moorings on 9 reefs
Delicious homemade meals prepared onboard
Accommodation in cozy cabins
All snorkelling & quality dive equipment
Dive boat with the smallest groups in the Cairns region
- 2 day/ 1 night Great Barrier Reef Snorkel & Dive Sail Cruise Tour
- Exclusive access to 25 moorings on 9 different reefs including: Three Sisters, The Whale, Little Tracey, Point Break, 5-Ways, Michaelmas Cay & Upolu Reef
- Morning/afternoon tea & snacks
- Delicious homemade meals prepared onboard
- Unlimited snorkelling - guiding upon request
- 1x free (10min) try dive offered to all first-time divers
- All snorkelling & quality dive equipment (wetsuits/stinger suits)
- Cabin accommodation with fresh linen & bath towels (hot showers are shared)
- Private Cabin accommodation - Double bed - 2 guests per bed in a private room
- Hotel Transfers
- Bar facilities on board (no BYO)
- Cool merchandise for sale and underwater camera hire
- Certified Dive and Introductory Dive - Please call us on 1300 935 532 to book diving packages
- Reef levy: $40 pp. Payable on board (includes environmental management charge, port charge & admin fee)
- Dietary requirement: $10pp. Payable on board. (applies upon request for vegan, gluten free & dairy intolerance). Please advise your requirement at time of booking
- Board the boat for morning tea and greet the crew
- Set sail as we motorsail to Cairns outermost reefs. Along the way we conduct introductory and certified dive briefing and a marine naturalist brief. There is plenty of time for passengers to mingle, relax and get to know each other
- Arrive at our first Outer Reef location (eg. Flynn Reef or Millin Reef). This site will be chosen to suit the range of in-water experience of our passengers. Depths will range from 5 to 28 meters giving divers a wide range of options. For the snorkeler, you’ll experience extensive coral gardens with an unbelievable amount of marine life. Expect to encounter turtles, small reef sharks and schools of pelagic fish. Our in-water activities are followed by lunch
- After lunch the vessel will move to a second location at Flynn or Milln Reef (weather-dependent). Here, large coral bommies sit alongside a reef wall making diving and snorkelling truly spectacular. Dive to 18 meters or snorkel the shallow reef flats
- After the second dive, a cheese plate is served while the guests rest from in-water activities. Time for some relaxation and mingling with other guests if desired
- Dinner is served once activities are completed (during winter, dinner may be served prior to night diving)
- After dinner, the divers are briefed for the night dive, which typically starts around 7-7.30, after sunset
- Once the night dive is completed, it’s time for more relaxing – and perhaps a tea, hot chocolate or a glass of wine or beer from the on-board bar, along with some tall tales from the sea
- Awake to the dawn and watch the sun rise over the Coral Sea. Throw yourself into the warm tropical water and wake yourself up! This is the perfect time to snorkel or scuba dive as early morning is a fantastic time to see reef sharks, turtles and cruising pelagic fish. Breakfast is served
- Boat departs to its next location - often to “The Whale” dive site. This large coral bommie stands in 24 meters of water with excellent surrounding coral gardens, perfect for diving and snorkelling, close to the boat. It is also a great dive to see the reef sharks. Morning tea is served.
- After mid-morning, the boat travels to the final dive location, for example the Thetford reef. Coral-draped walls rise from 18 meters in a circular lagoon to ensure great diving and snorkelling
- These are shallower reefs with lots of soft coral and isolated bommies. If you are “activity-out”, this is also an excellent time to catch up on some serious sun tanning or relax, read a book and take in the stunning views. Lunch is served before departure
- Upon leaving our anchorage we hoist the sails. It is very common to have dolphins surf the bow wave and during the winter months, see humpback whales. The emphasis on the journey home is to relax and enjoy the company of new found friends. Finally, as we leave behind the wonders of the reef, passengers are treated to a spectacular view as we approach one of Australia’s most scenic harbours – mountains on the left and right rising high above a beautiful tropical city skyline
- Check in at 7.45am (departs 8am) at Berth 2, A Finger, Cairns Marlin Marina, Spence Street
- Returns at 4pm the 2nd Day
- Days of Operation: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
What To Bring
- Dive Card for Certified Divers and log book
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, beach towel & camera
- Warm clothes during cooler months and evening
- One SMALL overnight bag (Storage for additional luggage available upon request)
- Shoes are not worn while on the boat, so it is not necessary to bring any special type of deck shoes
- Cards or Cash onboard for any charges, including any trip balances owed, extra diving activities and/or any other onboard purchases
- Minimum 4 pax to operate and maximum 12 pax per tour
- Itinerary allows 4x day cert dives & 1x night dive/ 3x day intro dives with optional night dive (conditions apply) or 4x day intro. Snorkelling available all times except night
- This tour is suitable for people with a moderate level of fitness
- The minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years
- Weather can vary and the Outer Reef is up to 50 kilometers from Cairns. Coral Sea Dreaming is an adventure tour suitable for those who can swim, snorkel or dive
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4 years, non-swimmers and persons with mobility issues
- Please note, the itinerary is reflective of weather conditions at the time. The supplier has access to over 25 exclusive moorings at 9 reef systems, we will always seek the best option given the weather conditions to ensure guests enjoy the best possible locations on the day and are comfortable and safe. Therefore, times and locations visited may vary
- This tour is suitable for people with a moderate level of fitness
- All snorkelers/ divers must complete a medical questionnaire. This will be attached to your voucher at time of booking. Certain medical conditions (i.e. asthma, heart disease, epilepsy) may preclude diving. Final decision reside with qualified instructors, who value your safety
- If any of the medical conditions apply, the supplier will need to see a certificate from a doctor declaring them fit to drive
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability is accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- If you plan for flying and diving, a minimum of 24 hours is required from the end of your last dive (multiple dives) before flying or 12 hours for single dives. The last dive is completed by 8:30pm on the first day and 12pm on the second day
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Take your family on an adventure to stunning Josephine Falls in Cairns! Just an hour's drive away, it's the perfect day out: picnic, swimming & fun!
If you're looking for free activities in Cairns, take your family to explore the breathtaking Barron Falls rainforest canopy walk and lookout!
Babinda Boulders Waterfall - Cairns Wet Tropics Attraction in a rainforest with a Swimming hole, picnic area, and spectacular pool walk.
Yorkeys Knob Foreshore Reserve is a must visit, with lots of free kids activities and things to do in Cairns for the whole family.
Stoney Creek Falls is a must visit if you have an adventurous spirit and are looking for fun, free activities in Cairns, QLD for the whole family!
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!