Great Barrier Reef Sailing Cruise
What you need to know
See the best of the Great Barrier Reef in style and comfort with this sailing cruise from Cairns aboard a purpose-built sailing and brand new catamaran! Live the life of luxury aboard a wonderful vessel while surrounded by the spectacular azure blues and emerald greens of Australia's most famous natural icon as we head out to two stunning outer reef locations where you'll have the opportunity to snorkel with all the marine life, take part in scuba diving or simply relax on the spacious foredeck and soak up the sunshine - the choice is yours.
We ensure you get to experience the least crowded areas so you can maximise your enjoyment of the reef, with a great, friendly crew who will provide you with all scuba and snorkelling tuition plus give you a guided snorkelling tour pointing out all the best marine highlights. With morning and afternoon tea as well as a tropical buffet lunch and all equipment included, this is the comprehensive reef day trip for those who want to get a full day of Outer Reef enjoyment while "taking it easy" amongst these unforgettably picturesque surrounds. For the ultimate one-day Great Barrier Reef adventure, book this sailing cruise from Cairns online today.
- Full day Great Barrier Reef Sailing Cruise
- Snorkelling tuition
- Tropical hot and cold buffet lunch
- Guided snorkel tour
- Morning with freshly brewed coffee and muffins
- Afternoon Tea with a cheese platter
- Scuba diving demonstration
- Wetsuits in Winter and stinger suits in Summer
- Hotel pick ups. These are available at an extra cost of $20pp from Cairns & $25pp from Northern Beaches Hotels and are payable on board the day of travel. Upon completion of purchase, you are required to contact the tour operator prior to your travel date to arrange a hotel pick up if required (Tour operator's contact details will appear on your tour voucher)
- Introductory and Certified Scuba diving
- Hotel transfers
- All optional extras are available for purchase on the day of the tour
- Your experienced and knowledgeable skipper will choose from 24 exclusive outer reef locations to visit
- The skipper will choose two from the best sites suited to the weather conditions to give enure you get the best possible experience
- Experience the Great Barrier Reef from above and below the water, sites may include Hastings Reef, Paradise Reef, Flynn Reef and more
- Soak in the sun whilst staring across the magical crystal waters
- Dive into the water to cool off and swim amongst turtles, colourful fish and see an amazing variety of corals
- Lunch is prepared and served daily on-board; enjoy a hot and cold buffet lunch including local prawns, fresh salads and tropical fruits will you. Vegetarians are catered for daily
- Knowledagable and friendly crew
- Air-conditioned saloon
- Set back and enjoy a cold beverage from the bar on the sail back to cairns
- Cruise departs Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal daily at 8am and returns at 5pm. Check in commences from 7.15am
- Can I scuba dive with no experience - Yes you can. Anybody with general good health can enjoy the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef. Please note, all scuba divers must complete a dive medical questionnaire aboard the boat. Some illnesses such as asthma may preclude you from scuba diving. Please phone to discuss if you have concerns
- Do you provide all of the dive and snorkel equipment - Yes, everything. Even dive computers for the certified divers!
- What if I get seasick - If you are prone to seasickness, it is advisable to take something before you go. Check with a chemist. As Passions is a catamaran, it is a lot more stable in rough weather than monohulls and the sails act as a stabiliser. We do sell sea sickness pills on board the boat, but please remember, tablets are a preventative, not a cure, so take them just before we depart.
What To Bring
- Swimming gear
- Money for any extras on board
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Vessel Subject to change without notice
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.