V8 Race Car Driving Experience - 5 Laps - Brisbane
What you need to know
Jump in the driver's seat of a real V8 champion race car for an exhilarating five lap driving experience at the iconic Queensland Raceways track at Willowbank. Motor sports enthusiasts will begin the day by meeting their professional race car instructor for a safety briefing and racing brief. Learn about the V8 race car and the iconic race track that you will soon drive on.
Next, it's time to grab your racing suit, helmet and get strapped into the car for a thrilling drive. With no speed limits in place, this is your opportunity to let it rip with the guidance of a professional driver in the car with you at all times to ensure you get the most out of your V8 driving experience. Master the race track gunning down the straight and conquering corners to reach your personal best time over the course of five driving laps. Friends and family are welcome to come along and cheer from the sidelines in a special spectator zone.
- Five drive laps around Queensland Raceway
- In-car instruction from a professional race car driver
- Use of race suit, helmet, V8 race car
- Pre-drive tuition
- Photo of your experience
- Five exhilarating drive laps in a real V8 race car on a real race track
- Communicate with your instructor through a headset
- Bring spectators to watch you blister around a championship race track
- Race days are held throughout the year on specified dates
- Sessions available every half hour from 7am to 11.30am
- Please allow 2-3 hours for this experience, including the briefing and driving.
- This experience takes place at Queensland Raceway at 133 Champions Way, Willowbank Qld 4306.
What To Bring
- Wear comfortable clothing as the race suit will need to go over any clothing you choose to wear. Fully enclosed, flat-soled shoes, long sleeves and long pants are required (normal runners are fine).
- As part of the COVID safe plan, Balaclavas are required. Can be purchased on the day for $10. Long sleeves and long pants are also required
- Participants must be at least 18 years and hold your Learner's Licence with a minimum 50 hours log booked
- Participants need to be within the maximum height of 194cm and minimum height of 135cm with maximum weight below 120kg
- Both Holden and Ford cars are available. Automatic available on request.
- Participants who arrive on the day of their experience and do not adhere to these guidelines will forfeit their experience
- You will be required to sign an indemnity form prior to participating in the experience
- All minors must be accompanied by a parent and/or legal guardian on the day
- A current photo ID for both the passenger (student ID) and parent will need to be shown along with proof of guardianship, ie Medicare card
- If you normally wear spectacles, it is essential that they are soft frames and face fitting to ensure that they fit inside the helmet. Contact lenses are not a preferred option as they often become dislodged
- If you have a concern with respect to health issues, especially shortness of breath, it is recommended that you seek professional advice from your family doctor before commencing this experience
- Your briefing will be held in a group of approximately 20-25 people
- Spectators will love watching the high-speed action from the pitlane, so remember to bring them along!
- The drive may be interrupted or cancelled due to inclement weather as driving at high speed on a wet track can be dangerous. Please contact the supplier to confirm the status of the day. In the case of your drive being cancelled due to weather, your experience will be rescheduled
A video of your experience is available for an additional $45, payable directly to the supplier.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.