Whale and Dolphin Safari in Auckland
Marine animals spotted on more than 90% of trips
4.5 hour Eco-cruise in Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
Expert commentary and interaction with Marine Scientists
Year round encounters with incredible wildlife
Enjoy spectacular views of Auckland landmarks
Specifically designed for the sea conditions in the area
- 4.5 hour Eco-cruise on Auckland's beautiful Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
- Guaranteed marine mammal viewing (or get a free trip)
- Expert commentary and integration with an on-board Marine Research Scientist
- Food and drink is not included however can be purchased on-board. A small range of snacks, hot food and drinks are available. Alcoholic beverages are also able to be purchased on-board.
- Breath-taking encounters with marine wildlife, including rare and endangered species
- Experience the Gulf from the most comfortable and stable whale watching vessel in New Zealand
- year round encounters
- Interact with marine biologist hosts and participate in research
- Spectacular views of Auckland landmarks
- Specifically designed for the sea conditions in the area
- Fully licensed bar and light snacks available for purchase
- Marine mammals spotted on more than 90% of trips
- Cruise, commentary, culture and history of Auckland's Hauraki Marine Park
- Duration - 4.5 hours
- Operates all year around, except Christmas Day. The boat may from time to time be out for scheduled maintenance.
- Check in at 10am. Check in closes at 10.15am
- Vessel departs at 10.30am and returns at 3pm.
- Check in at the New Zealand Maritime Museum - 175 Quay Street, Viaduct Harbour, Auckland City
- Viaduct Harbour is located at the western end (left as you are looking at the water) of Quay Street in down-town Auckland. Upon arrival by foot you will need to look for the Voyager Maritime Museum entrance on your right.
- There are a number of car park buildings close to Viaduct Harbour. The closest is ‘Downtown Car Park,’ which is situated at 31 Customs St West, Auckland. It’s only a quick 5 minute walk from the departure point. Car parks rates are $15 for up to 5 hours, and a $17 maximum daily fee.
What To Bring
- Warm clothes
- Shower-proof jacket
- Sun hat & sunscreen
- Personal medication (if required)
- Sea - sickness medication (should be taken prior to trip)
- Unfortunately we are completely weather dependent and do on occasion have to cancel our Safari due to rough sea conditions. This is usually due to the wind (the Whales and Dolphins don't mind the rain) and is made completely with the comfort and safety of our passengers in mind.
If we do have to cancel the call is made as close to 9am as possible. Our reservations team then start contacting all passengers with the aim of contacting everyone before 10am. Please ensure that at the time of booking, you mention a phone number that you will be contactable on in New Zealand. If you are un-able to reschedule, a full refund will be made available.
- We are extremely fortunate to enjoy resident populations of both Whales and Dolphins year-round. After almost 15 years of heading out to the Hauraki the crew are also pretty good at spotting them! We see Whales on around 80% of trips and Dolphins on close to 95% of trips, so the chances of not seeing anything are pretty low (but it does sometimes happen). We're so confident with our viewing rates that we GUARANTEE that you will see either Whales or Dolphins, or you can come out again for free until you do. This offer has no expiry date, so if you are leaving the country the next day you can still use the voucher next time you visit NZ, no matter how long later it is (our record is 13 years!) We are dedicated to offering an extremely good value-for-money experience and even if we do see some mammals but our Skipper isn't happy with the level of interaction we will still issue everyone complimentary vouchers to come back again for free - we'd prefer to make sure everyone gets to spend quality time with these awesome creatures!
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Puzzling World is a unique & award-winning Wanaka attraction, specialising in puzzles, optical illusions and mega mazes since 1973.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!