Small Group Waitomo Day Tour from Auckland
8 hour Waitomo day tour from Auckland
2.5 hour scenic drive into the Waikato region
50 minute tour inside the Waitomo Caves
Boat tour in an underground river
See thousands of tiny glowworms
Small group coach with up to 19 passengers
Experience the enchanting Waitomo Glow Worm Caves on a captivating full day tour from Auckland. This eight hour tour with Auckland and Beyond offers an unforgettable chance to see this natural wonder up close, with pick up and drop off included from Auckland CBD. Learn all about these tiny glowing creatures on a guided tour of the caves, before gliding along an underground river by boat to see them for yourselves.
This small group Waitomo day tour from Auckland begins with a scenic two and a half hour drive through the New Zealand countryside. At Auckland and Beyond, comfort is a priority, so you will be travelling on board a premium Mercedes vehicle with a maximum of 19 passengers. As you arrive at the Waitomo Caves, prepare to be amazed by the breathtaking limestone formations that have been sculpted over millions of years. Follow an expert guide into the caves for an introduction into the history behind the caves and your first glimpse of the “Arachnocampa Luminosa” glowworms.
Then, step aboard a boat and glide through the underground river, surrounded by thousands of twinkling glow worms illuminating the darkness like a starry night sky. This unique phenomenon creates a magical ambiance that will leave you in awe.
Throughout your Waitomo day tour from Auckland, expert guides will provide fascinating insights into the New Zealand countryside and the geological and cultural significance of the Waitomo Caves, enhancing your understanding and appreciation of this natural wonder.
On a Waitomo Caves day tour, you can escape the hustle and bustle of Auckland and immerse yourself in one of the most iconic natural attractions in New Zealand. Book your Waitomo Caves day tour today and embark on an unforgettable adventure from Auckland.
- 8 hour Waitomo day tour departing from Auckland
- 2.5 hour drive from Auckland to Waitomo each way
- Small groups with a maximum of 19 guests on tour
- Premium Mercedes vans for ultimate comfort
- 50 minute guided tour of Waitomo Glowworm Caves, including an underground river boat ride
- Friendly and knowledgeable guides
- Complimentary pick up and drop off at your central Auckland accommodation
- Complimentary bottled water and snacks
- This experience departs at 6:30am
- Pick up times from your central Auckland accommodation will be confirmed upon booking
- Please allow approximately 8 hours for this tour
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from your central Auckland accommodation
What To Bring
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Sunglasses and Sunscreen
- Bring a camera
- A minimum of 2 is required to make this booking
- Child rates apply (3-12yrs)
- Infants under 3 years (0-2yrs) travel free
- Car seats available to hire for infants under 3 years (additional cost), or you are welcome to bring your own child seats
- Unfortunately this tour is not suitable for wheelchairs
- The tour inside Waitomo Caves is approximately 50 minutes long
- 7 – 10 days prior to the date of the tour – 25% of your ticket plus any booking fees and charges
- 3 – 6 days prior to the date of the tour – 50% of your ticket plus any booking fees and charges
- Change your booking up to 48 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 48 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Enjoy a day out on the water cruising the pristine Bay of Islands coastline during this five-hour dolphin and wildlife cruise from Tauranga.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!