Muriwai Beach and Gannet Colony Eco Tour from Auckland
6 hour tour to Muriwai Beach from Auckland
Scenic 1 hour drive to Auckland's West Coast
Relax on the beach and take a dip in the sea
Wine tasting at one of Kumeu’s oldest wineries
Views of the Gannet Colony from scenic lookouts
Premium small group vans with up to 19 guests
Looking for one of the best day trips from Auckland for wildlife lovers? Look no further than the Muriwai Beach Gannet Eco Tour offered by Auckland and Beyond. This exciting day tour takes you on a six hour adventure to Muriwai Beach, where you can witness the incredible gannet colony in their natural habitat.
Departing from Auckland, this day trip offers a unique opportunity to explore the stunning landscapes and wildlife of Auckland's West Coast. As you travel to Muriwai Beach, you'll be captivated by the scenic beauty of the region, with its rugged cliffs, black sand beaches, and crashing waves. Sit back, relax and enjoy the view from the comfort of a premium Mercedes vehicle, with complimentary bottled water and snacks provided.
This Auckland day trip is perfectly suited to nature lovers and those interested in native New Zealand wildlife. Upon arrival at Muriwai Beach, you'll be greeted by the sight of thousands of gannets nesting on the cliffs. Gannets usually nest between August and March, so there is no guarantee that you will see them outside of this period. These majestic seabirds are known for their distinctive appearance and impressive diving skills. With the guidance of knowledgeable and experienced guides, you'll learn about the gannets' behavior, habitat, and conservation efforts to protect these magnificent creatures. There is even time for a dip in the sea if you are so inclined!
The Muriwai Beach Gannet Eco Tour is not only an educational day tour from Auckland, but also a chance to immerse yourself in the natural landscapes of New Zealand. Take in the panoramic views, breathe in the fresh ocean air and capture stunning photographs of the gannets and the surrounding scenery. Top off the day with a wine tasting at one of the oldest wineries in Kumeu on your return drive back to Auckland.
Don't miss out on this unforgettable day trip from Auckland. Book your Muriwai Beach Gannet Eco Tour today and discover the beauty of Auckland's West Coast beaches and wildlife.
- 6 hour day tour to Muriwai Beach from Auckland
- 1 hour scenic drive from Auckland to Muriwai Beach
- Scenic lookout points for gannet colony viewing
- Wine tasting at one of Kumeu's oldest wineries
- Small groups with a maximum of 19 guests on tour
- Premium Mercedes vans for ultimate comfort
- Friendly and knowledgeable guides
- Complimentary pick up and drop off at your central Auckland accommodation
- Complimentary bottled water and snacks
- This experience departs at 9am
- Pick up times from your central Auckland accommodation will be confirmed upon booking
- Please allow approximately 6 hours for this tour
- Complimentary pick up and drop off from your central Auckland accommodation
What To Bring
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Sunglasses and Sunscreen
- Bring a camera
- A minimum of 2 guests is required to make this booking
- Child rates apply (3-12yrs)
- Infants under 3 years (0-2yrs) travel free
- Car seats available to hire for infants under 3 years (additional cost), or you are welcome to bring your own child seats
- The Gannets nesting season is from August until March, it is not guaranteed that will see gannets in the off season
- Unfortunately this tour is not wheelchair accessible
- 7 – 10 days prior to the date of the tour – 25% of your ticket plus any booking fees and charges
- 3 – 6 days prior to the date of the tour – 50% of your ticket plus any booking fees and charges
- Change your booking up to 48 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 48 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Enjoy a day out on the water cruising the pristine Bay of Islands coastline during this five-hour dolphin and wildlife cruise from Tauranga.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!