Huka Falls Jet Boat Tour
Huka Prawn Park
30 Minute Jet Boat Ride on Waikato River
One of New Zealand's must-do experiences
The Aratiatia Dam
Mix of scenery and high-speed fun!
The Wairakei Geo-Thermal Power Station
- Free transfers available from Taupo accommodation upon request
- 30 minute jet boat ride on Waikato River
- Life jackets, These are mandatory
- An experience you will never forget
- Incredible water-level views of the spectacular Huka Falls
- Slide past cliffs and trees at an incredible 80km.p/h
- Trademark 360 degree spin as the boat turns on its own length
- Huka Prawn Park
- The Wairakei Geo-Thermal Power Station
- The Aratiatia Dam
- Knowledgable/ Expert driver!
Summer Season (October - April)
- 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m (hours extending to 5:30pm over peak months December/January)
Winter Season (May - September)
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
Trips depart around every 30 minutes subject to availability. Located just 10 minutes from Taupo in the Wairakei Tourist Park, and right off the main highways from Auckland and Rotorua
If you have booked a hotel
- Prior to completing your purchase, enter your hotel name in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- If you have not yet booked a hotel, enter the words 'hotel not known' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you do not require a hotel pick up
- If you do not require a hotel pick up and will be meeting the tour at the tour departure point, enter the words 'not required' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your tour. Tour departure point is listed above and on your confirmation tour voucher
What To Bring
- Still cameras in cases are welcome on board but at your own risk. Video cameras are not permitted
- Coming in Summer? It is recommended to bring sunglasses and sunblock
- Coming in Winter? Remember to bring a hat, gloves, jacket and warm clothing. Handrails are heated for your comfort
- Bags are not permitted on the boat for safety reasons
- Hukafalls Jet operates 364 days of the year (excludes Christmas Day), weather permitting
- If you are in Taupo, a courtesy coach will transfer you from your accommodation on request FREE of charge (allow one hour return)
- Hukafalls Jet will provide life jackets. These are mandatory
- Children must be one metre tall in order to ride Hukafalls Jet
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Enjoy a day out on the water cruising the pristine Bay of Islands coastline during this five-hour dolphin and wildlife cruise from Tauranga.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!