Hells Gate Geothermal Park Entry
Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve Park Entry
Boiling hot pools and erupting waters
New Zealand's largest active mud volcano
Make your own souvenir to take home
Tour of the geothermal park
- Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve Park Entry
- 1.5 hour guided tour or 1 hour self guided walk of the geothermal park
- Experience the geothermal features with a self guided walk or join a guided tour to learn about the history
- Features boiling hot pools and erupting waters with temperatures in excess of 100 degrees celsius
- Hot water lakes and sulphur crystals
- New Zealand's largest active mud volcano
- Southern Hemisphere's largest hot water falls
- Get hands on with the geothermal mud or get your feet dirty in the mud foot pool
- Make your own souvenir to take home at Interactive Carving House
- operating hours and days may vary. Please see the Hells Gate website for the latest information and to check the last entrance times
- Hells Gate is located at 351 State Highway 30 Tikitere Rotorua New Zealand approx 15 min from Rotorua city
- Allow 1 hour for self-guided walk or 1.5 hours for guided tour
What To Bring
- Clothes suited to the weather
- Comfortable footwear
- Sunscreen during summer
- Water bottle
- Complimentary guided-tours run daily at 10:30am and 2:30pm, subject to availability. Alternatively, a self-guided map is provided on arrival.
- Family passes are not offered by Experience Oz and will need to be purchased at the gate
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!