Cathedral Cove Boat Tour
2 hour guided boat tour
Plenty of beaches & marine life
Stunning sections of NZ coastline
Cathedral Cove, Hahei Beach & more
Visit Te Whanganui-A-Hei Marine Reserve
See giant blowholes & huge sea caves including Orua Sea Cave
Pay a visit to one of New Zealand's most iconic coastal locations with this 2 hour tour to Cathedral Cove, famed for its marine and coastal beauty. Departing at 2 separate times throughout the day - 10:30am and 1:30pm - Join us to discover 12km of rugged volcanic coastline visiting nearby islands and stunning beaches. From the supreme comfort of our boat we’ll get you up close and personal with the impressive Cathedral Cove where Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia) was filmed.
Cathedral Cove is just the beginning, you’ll explore Lonely Bay, Cooks Beach, Shakespeare Cliff and Hahei along the way. Venture across the Te Whanganui-A-Hei Marine Reserve where you’ll observe an abundance of marine and bird life. Step back in time and picture the spectacular geological process that helped form towering pinnacles, giant blowholes and huge sea caves including Orua Sea Cave, one of the largest in NZ and only accessible by boat. Throughout our unforgettable tour your local guide will highlight Mercury Bay’s rich and colourful history giving a perfect balance of information and time to soak up the sights and sounds.
Keep your eyes open for marine life throughout the journey, as this area of New Zealand is renowned for dolphins and numerous species of fish, and the clarity of the water makes spotting them an easy task. Witness a stunning part of the country all for a single low price - book yourself a Coromandel and Cathedral Cove tour online today!
- 2 hour boat tour
- Explore 12 km of rugged volcanic coastline
- Visiting stunning beaches, including Lonely Bay, Shakespeare Cliff, Cooks Beach, Hahei and the spectacular Cathedral Cove (where the Chronicles of Narnia and Prince Caspian was filmed)
- Venture across the Te Whanganui-A-Hei Marine Reserve and get up close and personal with towering pinnacles, giant blowholes and sea caves including Orua Sea Cave, one of the largest in NZ and only accessible by boat
- The picturesque white cliffs fall into clear blue waters, and at low tide visitors can pass right through the unique tunnel structure of the cove without difficulty
- Local tour guide will highlight Mercury Bay’s rich and colourful history giving a fabulous balance of information and time to soak up the sights and sounds
- Tours depart daily at 10:30am and 1.30pm from Whitianga Wharf
- Approximately 2 hours
- Tours depart from Whitianga Wharf, Esplanade Road,Whitianga, New Zealand
What To Bring
- An extra layer of clothing
- Sun hat & Suncream
- The tour operator reserves the right to cancel or amend any trip due to sea or weather conditions, or minimum numbers not reached
- If the tour operator cancels a trip you will not be charged. Cancellations made by the client less than 48 hours in advance will incur the full charge
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- All participants must check in the night before their tour to confirm. Wear swimwear underneath your clothes and bring a towel with you if you want to snorkel. It can be cooler out on the water so come prepared with an extra layer.
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Enjoy a day out on the water cruising the pristine Bay of Islands coastline during this five-hour dolphin and wildlife cruise from Tauranga.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!